DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Frequency

Music One

Reactions
I have looked at 'n' amount of videos on youtube and do select the frequency each time I fly to check the best channel available. The question is though which in the opinion of the forum members is REALLY best to fly with 2.4 or 5.8.
Just got my 4 hawks xr for my Air. I never fly out of vlos and hopefully this will help some in the picture signal andany outside interference.

I have looked at 'n' amount of videos on youtube and do select the frequency each time I fly to check the best channel available. The question is though which in the opinion of the forum members is REALLY best to fly with 2.4 or 5.8.
Just got my 4 hawks xr for my Air. I never fly out of vlos and hopefully this will help some in the picture signal andany outside interference.
With the utmost respect, as you have looked at ‘n’ amount of videos perhaps you can try the search function on the forum and look at ‘x’ amount of threads already covering this subject. (There are a lot).

An example of just two:

Last edited:
Reactions: Racin8de
AUTO

With the utmost respect, as you have looked at ‘n’ amount of videos perhaps you can try the search function on the forum and look at ‘x’ amount of threads already covering this subject. (There are a lot).

An example of just two:

lol

I personally would use auto settings. 2.5 will give longer range, but it depends on congestion. I have found that improving the antenna with your set up, or even one of those slip on dishes, plus connecting to the controller via cable makes a noticable difference. I think the controller's wifi connection to you display can cause it's own interference. A friend and I did some testing and found the best results using both.

The 4 Hawks XR kit looks amazing but it seems to be overkill for someone who never flies out of VLOS. If you're using FCC mode, as opposed to CE, you should be able to far exceed the range of your eyeballs.
I personally would use auto settings. 2.5 will give longer range, but it depends on congestion. I have found that improving the antenna with your set up, or even one of those slip on dishes, plus connecting to the controller via cable makes a noticable difference. I think the controller's wifi connection to you display can cause it's own interference. A friend and I did some testing and found the best results using both.
The connection is wired on the Air.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf