DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

From Spark to Mavic Pro?

Darkabaz

Reactions
Hello,

I'm still a Spark pilot, but thinking about upgrading to a Mavic Pro 1 and hold the Spark in hands for the "fun" flights.

The reasons i am thinking about buying a MP is as follows:
- More range/distance (7km MP / of 2km spark) the biggest reason!!
? Does it really can go more than let say 4/5 km? I saw a lot of different movies on YT, some with only 1.5km some with 4+ km...

- Better battery

- Better/sharper image quality (Youtube comparison movies)

But, the biggest question is, is it the value worth? If decide to do i will pick a good second hand one, not a new one. I am using my drone for images, almost no movies because i don't have 4k television yet. I'm not a professional photographer i only use for 'fun'...

Any tips i would appreciate!

Thank you.

True it has a much greater range, though I wouldn't say that it's normally 4-5k. There are a lot of "it depends" factors like where you are, what you are surrounded by, if you have line of sight (remember that you always should be able to see it), and so on. But yes it's definitely at least a couple of km in most situations.

I'm impressed with the Spark camera, I'm not sure I'd change drones on that alone. If your'e truly looking for a good camera you might need to consider the newest Mavic for that, and just go for it.

Here's an article that might be of interest:

DJI Mavic Air vs. Mavic Pro vs. Spark: Which is right for you?

What I have found by owning and repairing many of both the MP and the Spark:
  1. Mavic range is much better because of Occusync
  2. Price difference these days is alot smaller than it used to be
  3. 4k 3axis cam on the Mavic is worth the price difference just by itself
  4. Flight time on the Mavic is 50% more than the Spark
  5. Mavic includes an SD card
  6. Connecting to the Spark is a pain sometimes. The Mavic is tethered with a cable from your device to the controller

#3 from Thunderdrones list. It is amazing to see how little effect wind and downright stupid piloting has on the stability of the video. I got the Mavic because I was unhappy with range of the Spark. It was a good decision. If I fly the Mavic out of range it is, for sure, beyond line of sight.

I too came from a spark (First DJI quad) and to be honest I hated they video lag with the spark... It drove me crazy... The MPP/MP is awesome and even better with the goggles!
I was very wary @ first as my first experience with DJI was a Naza V2.. bad times.... Switched it out for a vector and everything was perfect.. BUT the MMP has been honestly awesome and I have not flown any of my other drones much at all since... 30+ of them (I am the drone cat lady)

Reactions: Former Member
Yes, but the mavic. They are at real good prices these days. I get around 13000 feet with stock antennas when flying with no interference. Otherwise you may loose connection around a mile or less with lots of interference. Overall great drone. Worth the money

I have both. The Mavic Pro’s flight characteristics are different because it’s a faster but heavier aircraft. I do enjoy the longer flight time and better video than on my Spark. However, I still love my Spark because it’s so much fun to fly casually and you still can get great video from it.

HAH, I am guilty of keeping my spark.. BUT i have not flown it since early august.. :(

Funny. I find that drones are easier to clean up after, you dont have to feed them every day, and they dont shed. Plus, you will never get a visit from the ASPCA.

Clawing you at 5am to let them out into their 'run' is also something my MP doesn't do !! Lol.

I got the MP first, then Spark, hardly fly the Spark, but it's my back up for big trips moreso.
Both re fun to fly, and you can get some good stuff out of the Spark for sure.

Reactions: Former Member
Clawing you at 5am to let them out into their 'run' is also something my MP doesn't do !! Lol.

I got the MP first, then Spark, hardly fly the Spark, but it's my back up for big trips moreso.
Both re fun to fly, and you can get some good stuff out of the Spark for sure.
And not to mention the fact that my Mavic never sits on my chest staring me in the eyes when I wake up asking to get fed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Among1423