DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

From Windows Movie Maker to Where?

Dingdong

Reactions
I'm wanting to graduate from Windows Movie maker, dont want anything overly technical but want something the next level........what do you recommend?

Is that better than Movie maker and can it handle cinematic stuff? I dont mind having to pay for a program.

I use VSDC - there is a free and paid version. A lot of "how to" videos on YT showing its features. I went from Movie Maker to it.

HERE is a link to their web.

Reactions: GlenM and Dingdong
It seems to be segmented.....one downloadable program for each step in the editing process.......isnt there one program that does it all?

Try this LINK. I am pretty sure this will be the complete package

Reactions: Dingdong
Davinci Resolve is the best option in my opinion. It seems robust and complicated when you first start, but once you have the basic concepts down, it becomes much easier. It is a pro grade editor that is free and has very few limitations that some other free editors will have.

I watched online video about filmora.......wasnt much of a step up from WMM.......Resolve looks like the go but scary....

I'm wanting to graduate from Windows Movie maker, dont want anything overly technical but want something the next level........what do you recommend?
Greetings. I've been using 'shotcut'. I don't use all of its features. Plenty YouTube videos for help.

I watched online video about filmora.......wasnt much of a step up from WMM.......Resolve looks like the go but scary....
Resolve does look scary. There is a lot of features in the software, but as you use it and get better and want to expand your skill it's a great software that you will not outgrow like you would with WMM or Filmora or others. There are many many YT tutorials for almost every aspect of Resolve. Start with the basics and you will be up to speed in no time.

...Resolve looks like the go but scary....
I know nothing about editing but was able cut the trash footage out of one of my videos within an hour after loading it. I need to check out those tutorials though.

Been using iMovie and the DJI Go4 Editor in the app, really outgrown them a bit, and they don't do 4K (well, at least).

I'd already downloaded Open Shot free desktop editor onto my second laptop a month or so ago, but hadn't had a chance to try it.
This post made me load a 30sec clip taken last year and had a go.
Not too bad, I'm sure a quick YouTube tutorial will sort out why I couldn't do a quick text add to a title window made, but then I only spent 15 mins on it and saved for later playing around with.

One for a decent ipad or iphone (I know it's available for apple stuff) is Luma Fusion.
(I really need something better for when I'm travelling more.)
AUD$47 from the app store, worth it from all the great reviews seen here.

I’m trying Lightworks. It’s also available in a free version and has numerous tutorials online. It seems like it is quite capable of semi professional editing results. I was having a difficult time adding transitions etc. and found a way to use proxies for editing which helps immensely.

I'm leaning towards Resolve but does it have an annual fee......I just want one payment cost and thats it.....

I'm leaning towards Resolve but does it have an annual fee......I just want one payment cost and thats it.....
Resolve is free. You can purchase a one time license for it if you need the Pro features, but the free version is amazingly robust and not a bunch of stuff locked behind a paywall like some software. The Pro version is truly geared towards an editing professional so I would be surprised if the free version didn't have all the features that you need for the casual hobby editor.

Where would be the best place to download it from....dont want alot of spam with it.....

Reactions: kjcbid54
Dowloaded Resolve Free but ended up with these two desktop icons. The black and white one doesnt work........do I need it?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    58.7 KB · Views: 3
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803