DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Front facing sensors error and weird camera image

S0ME0NE21483

Reactions
After I crashed my Mavic Pro Platinum a month ago and nothing except for the plastic parts broke, I ordered the parts and replaced the mainframe and top frame, as well as both rear arms myself. Everything worked as expected, although the gimbal didn't move at all. I replaced the ribbon, which fixed the issue. Afterwards, the camera output was awful (see attached files). Wiggling around with the video cable sometimes fixes this for a few seconds. So I guess this cable has to be replaced?
Maybe it has something to do with my second problem, the front-facing cameras. I get a message saying it can't be calibrated and via the DJI Assistant app I can (sometimes) start the calibration, in the video previews I can see both the green marks. But the video output is only a freezeframe and thus the setup is not working.

Maybe someone else got similar problems or can help me with the issue, I appreciate your help :D

Picture:
dji1581012326463.jpg

Video :

It's my non-expert experience that the front sensors pass through the video/gimbal control board. So maybe look at the cable connections from the front sensors and the camera to the control board, OR maybe the control board is damaged in some way. Also check the output cables on the back end of the board.
IMG_7700.JPG

It's my non-expert experience that the front sensors pass through the video/gimbal control board. So maybe look at the cable connections from the front sensors and the camera to the control board, OR maybe the control board is damaged in some way. Also check the output cables on the back end of the board.
View attachment 93271

Thanks for the tip, I already checked on the connection (unplugged it and tried to find any dirt or broken connections) but nothing seemed off. Is there any way to test the board?
Neither the ribbons from the sensor nor the video cable seem to have visible damage, so theres a good chance it's the board!

Thanks for the tip, I already checked on the connection (unplugged it and tried to find any dirt or broken connections) but nothing seemed off. Is there any way to test the board?
Neither the ribbons from the sensor nor the video cable seem to have visible damage, so theres a good chance it's the board!
Not sure how to test it directly. What I did was simply replace the board, eBay - midcityhobby

✔Genuine DJI Mavic Pro Gimbal/Camera/Forward Sensor Control Board ✔Genuine DJI Mavic Pro Gimbal/Camera/Forward Sensor Control Board | eBay

Forgot about this for a while but quick update if someone faces the same problem:
I replaced the gimbal controller board and it changed nothing at all. Checking on the ribbons that run from the mainboard to the gimbal controller board fixed it until I screwed the bottom plate back in. After a long trial and error pressing on everything, applying pressure to the dead centre of the bottom of the drone seemed to cause the problem.
The problem was fixed by removing all the old thermal paste and applying new one. This fixes all problems with the camera and front-facing sensors.
I hope this will help :)

Forgot about this for a while but quick update if someone faces the same problem:
I replaced the gimbal controller board and it changed nothing at all. Checking on the ribbons that run from the mainboard to the gimbal controller board fixed it until I screwed the bottom plate back in. After a long trial and error pressing on everything, applying pressure to the dead centre of the bottom of the drone seemed to cause the problem.
The problem was fixed by removing all the old thermal paste and applying new one. This fixes all problems with the camera and front-facing sensors.
I hope this will help :)
On which board did you remove the paste, and which connections? any pics?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka