DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Front Left Arm Axis Replacement

No they are not as far as I know but will get @Thunderdrones here to tell you just what you need .

Reactions: Former Member
Hello again, it´s this what i need:

mavic 2 front arm axis.jpg

cant find a website with this for sale

Hello again

well, in severall ebay anouncements, everyone to Mavic1Pro, in on off them i could see the measures of the axis components, i compare them to my M2Z axis components and all off them are the same except the base who assemble to the drone frame,
OK, so fare so good, i bought the item, 30days to delivery,
for what i can look, in the mainframe of drone body, it seem´s me the M1P could fit, if not, disassemble both axis and change the bases :) then fit it again in the drone,
in my case the steering off the axis get broke, in my work i machined a new steering and it solve the problem, solve but not resolve because the body off the axis is making force on the drone bodiframe, this issue ill be solved at m1p axis arrive

go out for some tests, everything OK, very stable, and slowly get more free, could get the same speed´s, everything ok, than make fly to outfield at 100m off altitude

sudently ... gimball get stucked for left side watching left arm and drone descontroled, automatic autolanding get activated, and dropped to 50m altitude, STRESS moment, in the moment i think in arm fail ...canceled autolanding and drone go up to 75m, clicked in gimball down and forward, drone get establized and could return home

drone returns with 4 propleres cutted, the both front arms 80% cutted in antennas zone !!!
soo What **** append here ???

i was not recording, and whatching flydata the only thing makes sense was bird attack, both arms get to back position, they did not full close because rear props :) was the rear props who cutt the front arms, i dont know if was in the moment trying get drone up that front arms go to Open position again,
People, this ******* drone, close arms, cuut arms by antenns zone, opne arms, get establized and return home
THIS IS GOOD MACHINE, is my opinion :) other drone will fail in the sky :)
very lucky didnt lose antennas and props dont blow and any arm get out off body frame

the drone will be assisted by Care Refresh

my steering get the job done,
but the axis test willl be concluded
Silver-Front-Motor-Arm-Front-Axis-Steering-Shaft-_57.jpgmavic1pro axis

the component i make, is te one with 21.20mm

Last edited:
Hey Olaio, I am not convinced that the Mavic pro ones will work since I'm sure all the eBay sellers would be advertising this point if they could work. I am in the same boat and am using a hack to hold the left arm open since the forces while flying are pretty much perpendicular to the hinge joint. There is also an asymmetry to the m2 hinges as seen by the hooks in your first image that are not visible directly on the m1 ones.
Please keep us informed how you get on.

hello

like I said before, it seem´s to me that M1P axis is compatible, i´m not sure, only sure after the axis arrive to my house and test it :)
but if you can, whatch in this way:
disassemble the arm from the bodyframe, watch carefull in drone mainframe the place where axis M2z/p assemble, the bodyframe IS NOT a negative os the axis base, it seems like the M1P base, this is the reason who let me think they are compatible,
when the M1P axis arrive, if it not compatible, i wiil do this:
- remove the clip in the component (steering like i said, dont know if is the correct name, sorry my english) and dissasemble all the axis and assemble all again but with the M2 base, then it will work on the body frame

in the steering machined by me, it is not 100% because i dont have the clip, if i have the clip, it was 100% funcional :)

when it arrives i will test it to the end and give here the feedback :)

i had contact DJI and in this moment this parts are not for sale separeted !!! only full arm, the Mavic 2 is too new for spares.

if you want, i can dissasemble my axis and post a photo for any doubt

regards from Portugal

on thing is sure, ONLY the base is diferent between M2 and M1P

i call Base to the part where assemble the two screws

Last edited:
hello

like I said before, it seem´s to me that M1P axis is compatible, i´m not sure, only sure after the axis arrive to my house and test it :)
but if you can, whatch in this way:
disassemble the arm from the bodyframe, watch carefull in drone mainframe the place where axis M2z/p assemble, the bodyframe IS NOT a negative os the axis base, it seems like the M1P base, this is the reason who let me think they are compatible,
when the M1P axis arrive, if it not compatible, i wiil do this:
- remove the clip in the component (steering like i said, dont know if is the correct name, sorry my english) and dissasemble all the axis and assemble all again but with the M2 base, then it will work on the body frame

in the steering machined by me, it is not 100% because i dont have the clip, if i have the clip, it was 100% funcional :)

when it arrives i will test it to the end and give here the feedback :)

i had contact DJI and in this moment this parts are not for sale separeted !!! only full arm, the Mavic 2 is too new for spares.

if you want, i can dissasemble my axis and post a photo for any doubt

regards from Portugal

on thing is sure, ONLY the base is diferent between M2 and M1P

i call Base to the part where assemble the two screws

Did you recieve hinge yet. I would love to know what you have to say?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929