DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Front object detection doesn't work!?

Karinac73

Reactions
Hi all. I am a newbie to drones, though I come from a strong photography background and this was my main motivation to purchase a Mavic 2 Pro.

I have only flown it twice (which was great fun!) and am only flying in open and uninhabited areas to build my skills and confidence. What I've noticed is that when I make the aircraft hover in front of me between 1.5 - 2.0m off the ground and i move towards the drone, it doesn't seem to detect anything is there. Alternately, if I put my hand under it while it's hovering, it immediately sees my hand and moves itself upwards. This is just in manual "P" setting, not while the unit is in any of the presets or returning to home or anything programmed.
When I go into the menu (I have the Smart Controller) it tells me that object avoidance is active.......I tried it out for a second time today with my dad....I let it hover and he slowly walked towards it until he was about 20cm away.....no detection and no evasive action.

As a tester I used Active Track today while walking through some generously spaced trees and it appeared to detect those and moved itself around them appropriately.

If anyone can help me with something I am missing or something I should check, I would appreciate it.

You could try slowly flying it towards you rather than letting it hover and walking up to it, don't know if that makes a difference but worth a try.

Reactions: Kilrah
You could try slowly flying it towards you rather than letting it hover and walking up to it, don't know if that makes a difference but worth a try.
Thanks, yeah I should have written that I did that too, still no detection.

i know this is going to sound silly but did you remove all the little stickers off the sensors you will not be the first one to miss them also when in the app check that you have forwards sensors on and also what you want the drone to do if it senses something ie stop and hover ,back away or fly round the object etc hope this helps

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerry from ok