DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Front sensors not working compass interference? - Gimbal fix

Kennetf

Reactions
So finally it was my turn... Lesson learned: never get cocky as a drone pilot.

So I was shooting video of a ferry, when I thought; heck, why not just fly the mavic between the car deck and the pilothouse? That would be a awesome shot! And it sure was...until the bird crashed right in two a metal wall. Since I was afraid of crashing into the sides, I kept my eyes only on the bird, not the screen, and forgot depth perception was a thing. Before I knew anything else, I simply crashed right into the wall in front of me - very basic, stupid pilot error - I know.

In hindsight, I am wondering why the front sensors did not kick in. I flew the bird straight into a metal vehicle, so the fact that the compass was going to be messed up, was no surprise. But can that be the reason why the sensors did not work?

Anyway, it was not a high-altitude fall, so the bird did not take too much damage. A couple of broken props and some scratches. However, when I turned it back on, I got the gimbal overload error. It moves nicely during the startup, but won't respond to calibration and won't stabilize. I can not see any visual damage to the camera, gimbal, plate or wiring. Have anyone come around a fix for this, or do I really have to send it back to DJI? I've tried the "tilt it on the side and turn it on quick fix" with no luck.

Cheers!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet