DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fstop Labs 4 - 2 battery charger

Turn11

Reactions
Received the NEW @fstop.labs 4-2 Battery charger. Super nice charger. I have to get another Battery :D
I charged 3 batteries and two RCs and it didn't even break a sweat. It gets warm but NOT excessively hot. Much more cool than Version 1.

Charger box well packed inside a shipping box
Packing box     .jpg

End view
End Fan Power switch     .jpg

4 battery charging cables and 2 USB ports
The second RC is one I purchased and
@Thunderdrones convert for
Titan Switch range extender.
Charging     .jpg

Reactions: Former Member
Awesome I need to order this.... it's much faster than the regular 4 in 1 flymore charger correct?? What's the time it charges all the batteries??
Thanks

I did not measure the time. They were in various stages of discharge. The battery controls the charge rate as I understand and the controllers will take as long to charges they take.

Awesome I need to order this.... it's much faster than the regular 4 in 1 flymore charger correct?? What's the time it charges all the batteries??
Thanks
The regular flymore charger does 1 at a time, this one does it in parallel :)

Reactions: Turn11
Right, it's unfair to compare this charger with the charging hub. What is fair is to compare time to charge with stock charger with the time taken with this charger.

Stock charger supplies 3.4-3.5a.
I believe this charger supplies 4A per battery, possibly more if not charging 4 batteries at one time. The batteries will take advantage of up to 4.5A, which is what the stock car charger supplies. The more current allowed to the battery, up to 4.5A, the faster it will charge.
I was disappointed hearing Fstop decreased the amps instead of improving cooling/efficiency when they received feedback their original 3 battery model was too hot.
But that's my opinion.

I got mine today (not from Fstop labs) and its the same as this. As per usual, the specs are over-stated, but still quite awesome. It charges ~70w per battery or 4A per channel instead of the 4.5A printed on the box. It should still be a little faster than the stock charger which is 3.5A. With 4 batteries and 2 devices (e.g. RC and phone) it would be consuming ~300watts max.

Other minor downside is the fan wont turn off like the YX unless you use turn it off from the power switch (I guess thats why its there).

Did some further testing on mine. It seems the voltage on the ports isn't up to spec (17.6v). Ports 1-2 on my unit were 17.45v and ports 3-4 17.55v, The effect on the ports 1-2 was about a 5-10% reduction in battery capacity as the battery isnt fully charged even though it is reported as 100% in Go4 app. Whilst it wont harm the battery, there will be some small reduction in flight time.

Interesting. Does the intelligent battery circuitry buck the charging down before it gets to the cells? Because the spec of 17.6 is too high for 4S. Even if the cells are HVLI the voltage would be 4.35V x4 (17.4V).

Interesting. Does the intelligent battery circuitry buck the charging down before it gets to the cells? Because the spec of 17.6 is too high for 4S. Even if the cells are HVLI the voltage would be 4.35V x4 (17.4V).

No these are actually newer LiCO2 (Lithium Cobalt Oxide) batteries, if you look carefully they are rated 17.6v or 4.4v/cell. They have a slightly higher energy density at 3850mAh but that is only when the battery is fully charged to that voltage. Any less voltage and you get the corresponding capacity reduction.

Buy Mavic 2 Intelligent Flight Battery - DJI Store

1540608510244.png

Did you monitor the voltage throughout the charge process? I mention this because both the AC and car OEM chargers have 2 voltages: 17.6 and 17.0V
On the AC charger the 17.0 has (main/<chinese>) next to it, so the 17.0 may be for China.
What voltage does the GO App state the battery first puts out when charged with this charger vs stock?

The stock charger puts out 17.6v constant. This charger I'm seeing about 17.45 on the first two charge ports. When I power up, I'm about 0.05v/cell lower than using stock charger. Capacity (as per litchi) was about 250-300mAh lower (~3450mAh instead ~3750mAh) as per litchi.

@fstop.labs

I had originally purchased the fstop labs 3 battery and 2 USB charger and was happy with it. My only complaint was I thought it should of had a power switch. I was happy to see the 4 battery version become available and it arrived yesterday. I planned on flying today so I decided to try out the new 4 battery charger.

NOT HAPPY!! I plugged the batteries into the charger, plugged the charger into the power and turned the switch on. All the batteries started blinking (no LEDs on the charger :( ). About 5 minutes into the charge cycle I heard a pop and all the batteries stopped blinking and now my room smells like burned electronics! The charger was also very warm. It took from October 8th until yesterday to receive it and it could have started a fire (I know to never leave charging batteries unattended). I was going to return the 3 battery one when the 4 battery one arrived, I guess that is not going to happen! Very dissapointed in this product. I am very happy with the 3 battery charger and the 2 battery car charger also seems to work well? In order to charge the 4 batteries I am using the 3 battery charger and the factory DJI single charger.

IMG-20181101-082321574.jpg

The stock charger puts out 17.6v constant. This charger I'm seeing about 17.45 on the first two charge ports. When I power up, I'm about 0.05v/cell lower than using stock charger. Capacity (as per litchi) was about 250-300mAh lower (~3450mAh instead ~3750mAh) as per litchi.

I’ve noticed the same thing with my 4 battery charger. it takes forever to charge and leaves my batteries .05 volt per cell below full.

I’ve noticed the same thing with my 4 battery charger. it takes forever to charge and leaves my batteries .05 volt per cell below full.

I dont find mine any slower, just the battery is not as full. Are you able to measure the voltages across each port on your 4 port charger with a multi-meter?

I dont find mine any slower, just the battery is not as full. Are you able to measure the voltages across each port on your 4 port charger with a multi-meter?

I can do that, do you know which pins are +/-

Hello!

Sorry for this issue! We will contact you via PM!

so many people reporting it charge a little below full charge will this issue be addressed or a revised version coming out?

I'm going to hold off purchasing until this is fixed.

@fstop.labs

I had originally purchased the fstop labs 3 battery and 2 USB charger and was happy with it. My only complaint was I thought it should of had a power switch. I was happy to see the 4 battery version become available and it arrived yesterday. I planned on flying today so I decided to try out the new 4 battery charger.

NOT HAPPY!! I plugged the batteries into the charger, plugged the charger into the power and turned the switch on. All the batteries started blinking (no LEDs on the charger :( ). About 5 minutes into the charge cycle I heard a pop and all the batteries stopped blinking and now my room smells like burned electronics! The charger was also very warm. It took from October 8th until yesterday to receive it and it could have started a fire (I know to never leave charging batteries unattended). I was going to return the 3 battery one when the 4 battery one arrived, I guess that is not going to happen! Very dissapointed in this product. I am very happy with the 3 battery charger and the 2 battery car charger also seems to work well? In order to charge the 4 batteries I am using the 3 battery charger and the factory DJI single charger.

IMG-20181101-082321574.jpg

I had the same issue with mine. It blew within 8 minutes of powering up.

Reactions: fire124
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fastdove