DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fstop Labs 4 - 2 battery charger

Sounds like a piece of junk. How can a legitimate company like Fstop.labs put their name on something and release it for sale without ensuring it is safe and will do what it is intended to? Then shortly after saying that they will be upgrading it?? I want to buy a 6 - 1 charger, but from what I have read I will stay clear from Fstop.... Are all the chargers generic and then these companies just slap their brand on it, or can anyone recommend another company that is more reputable?

Are all the chargers generic and then these companies just slap their brand on it
Yep. And when they say "stay tuned cause we're working on an updated/improved version" it means "the Chinese manufacturer is coming up with a new product and we have no friggin idea whether it's any good yet but we'll just hope it is", and sometimes like here it actually isn't.

Yep. And when they say "stay tuned cause we're working on an updated/improved version" it means "the Chinese manufacturer is coming up with a new product and we have no friggin idea whether it's any good yet but we'll just hope it is", and sometimes like here it actually isn't.
Its quite strange as they've been making these generic chargers for quite some time now in 3S and 4S configurations for previous products without issue. I've got a stack of other chargers right next to it I use all the time without giving it a second thought.

Only with the Mavic 2 they seem to be struggling to either get the specs right (correct voltage/amperage) or just general quality control so the unit doesn't blow up.

I really like affordability of these units so I'll wait for revised version they're working on. Need one badly!

so many people reporting it charge a little below full charge will this issue be addressed or a revised version coming out?

I'm going to hold off purchasing until this is fixed.
We will be updating with a revised edition - the 5 in 1 has been updated! Charges to full, with a power switch as well as better heat dissipation.

We will be updating with a revised edition - the 5 in 1 has been updated! Charges to full, with a power switch as well as better heat dissipation.

thanks! please let us know when it gets released also Amazon promo code below your signature does not work says expired.

Well i have Yx charger (5+1), just measured with a multimeter and none of the 3 ports is 17.6v like the official charger, they flow around 17.48v and 17.58v.

The original one is like 17.63v.

This will damage the battery or just reduce the flight time?

Well i have Yx charger (5+1), just measured with a multimeter and none of the 3 ports is 17.6v like the official charger, they flow around 17.48v and 17.58v.

The original one is like 17.63v.

This will damage the battery or just reduce the flight time?
For switch mode power supplies make sure to add a small load before measuring!

This. Undercharging doesn't hurt the batteries really.
Undercharging is actually healthier for Lithium batteries than full charging. Except, for hyperlapses, I would like a charger that stops at 90% for longevity. I need all I can get in order to shoot 20+ second hyperlapses like this one:

Undercharging is actually healthier for Lithium batteries than full charging. Except, for hyperlapses, I would like a charger that stops at 90% for longevity. I need all I can get in order to shoot 20+ second hyperlapses like this one:

Set a timer and pull it off manually ? You have to remember they charge to 4.4v/cell only when they're very new. As you start putting cycles on them and IR inevitably forms, the charge voltage lowers so the effect becomes less and less pronounced. So if you fly alot and dont have many batteries, it doesnt take long for that to occur.

Set a timer and pull it off manually ? You have to remember they charge to 4.4v/cell only when they're very new. As you start putting cycles on them and IR inevitably forms, the charge voltage lowers so the effect becomes less and less pronounced. So if you fly alot and dont have many batteries, it doesnt take long for that to occur.

Yep, My batteries only get to 4.37 using the DJI charger now, I have four batteries each with about 35-40 cycles on them. The 6-1 charger gets my batteries to about 4.32. But as time goes on, it wont matter like you said.

When I am not shooting hyperlapses, I charge my batteries for about 35 minutes and pull them off the charger. I get about 90-95% charge that way.

( Mod Removed Language ) i bought one of your mavic2 battery chargers, noticed it wasn't charging to 4.4v and looked it up...stumbled on this FROM LAST YEAR. why didn't you just pull this crap from the shelves?
RETURN + NEGATIVE FEEDBACK AND NEVER GOING TO BUY YOUR PRODUCTS AGAIN
granted i promised i'd never buy your products again after trying these
51Icke%2B8FjL._SL1020_.jpg

which caused SEVERE WOBBLE for EVERYONE who tried them.

but this time for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Olga