DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Full HD vs 4K

I disagree. I can see the difference on my 13' laptop, my 32' computer monitor, and my 75' TV. Even on YouTube, I can tell the difference 100% of the time between HD and 4K content. I will seldom watch a show on Prime Video if it is not 4K (and HDR preferably). I remember so many people saying with a straight face they could not tell the difference between SD and HD. Here we go again...However, I will grant you that the MA2 4K video is not that great.
You have a 13 foot laptop, a 32 foot monitor and a 75 foot TV? WOW, you definitely need 4k maybe even 8K.
I have a 15" laptop, 42" monitor and a 75" TV and they look similar with 1080p and 4k. Colors are the only difference I see? When you look real close to the 1080 monitor and the 4k TV the pixels are much smaller on the 4k which allows for more define colors. If you stand 15' away from a 1080p and 4k TV they look no different until you get real close. In conclusion :Video editing is the major difference I have seen.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JustAGuy
I can definitely tell the difference between all the resolutions, even on my wife's laptop that has a 15.5" screen. It is very apparent on our large LED television. I think those that cannot might need to go get a eye examination for corrective lenses.

Reactions: hpilot
I can definitely tell the difference between all the resolutions, even on my wife's laptop that has a 15.5" screen. It is very apparent on our large LED television. I think those that cannot might need to go get a eye examination for corrective lenses.
What:eek:?

Easy: if you are given the choice between an Audi and a Ferrari ... which one would you choose ...
They both have four wheels, they take you all the way and they give you the same service ...

That's like comparing apples to oranges?
Compare TV's or compare laptops is the best way to compare. Laptops and TV's are different species.

You have a 13 foot laptop, a 32 foot monitor and a 75 foot TV? WOW, you definitely need 4k maybe even 8K.
I have a 15" laptop, 42" monitor and a 75" TV and they look similar with 1080p and 4k. Colors are the only difference I see? When you look real close to the 1080 monitor and the 4k TV the pixels are much smaller on the 4k which allows for more define colors. If you stand 15' away from a 1080p and 4k TV they look no different until you get real close. In conclusion :Video editing is the major difference I have seen.
4kv tv's are meant to be viewed from much closer than 15'?,don't know what you call real close , but 2/3 meters is pretty normal viewing distance.
If you can't instantly see the difference between 4k to Hd... You need to visit specsavers ?

Reactions: hpilot
You all need to drink more water, take you vitamin, and eat your vegetables!!! Carrots, i read in Men's Health magazine, do wonders for your vision. That youtuber could take this advice for sure, lol. When playing back footage from my Mavic Pro 2, it is obvious if it is 4k, 1080, or 720. I will need to make a comparison video tomorrow if I can find the time. We have our 4 year old niece this weekend and all of Uncles expensive toys are put away till she leaves ?

Reactions: Pushkur
You apparently have not seen this video or is it maybe you need stronger glasses? ? :)

4kv tv's are meant to be viewed from much closer than 15'?,don't know what you call real close , but 2/3 meters is pretty normal viewing distance.
If you can't instantly see the difference between 4k to Hd... You need to visit specsavers ?
Back at ya:)

You apparently have not seen this video or is it maybe you need stronger glasses? ? :)

I just had my eyes recently checked and can show you that I see a perfect 20/15 in both eyes, thank you very much, how about yourself?
As for the video that you are using, it is a bad example. That video is shot with a eos R. He also shot the entire video close up on a perfectly sunny day. The DOF is shallow which is more forgiving with low resolution. Have him shoot again with a deeper scene and you will see it...

I just had my eyes recently checked and can show you that I see a perfect 20/15 in both eyes, thank you very much, how about yourself?
As for the video that you are using, it is a bad example. That video is shot with a eos R. He also shot the entire video close up on a perfectly sunny day. The DOF is shallow which is more forgiving with low resolution. Have him shoot again with a deeper scene and you will see it...
You should read up on resolution, until then believe what you want to believe! 4k is not the reason for how good the picture looks( how many pixels)! It's what comes with it(HDR, color matching etc..) which improves picture quality! That's why I'm LOL(go back to school)

Reactions: jagraphics
You should read up on resolution, until then believe what you want to believe! 4k is not the reason for how good the picture looks( how many pixels)! It's what comes with it(HDR, color matching etc..) which improves picture quality! That's why I'm LOL(go back to school)
I agree and am not saying 4k alone makes the photo. It does make it more crisp and detailed. The more pixels the better the picture is going to be especially deep pictures. I'm done wasting my time discussing any more of this with you guys. Also in regards to me going back to school,, if I find something that interests me I usually teach myself through experience rather than text book. Too many women distract me and I lose my focus, lol.

I have filmed and edited a lot now with my MA2, have tested most settings and came to the conclusion that Full HD lasts a long time anyway for my part. Has 50 "4K TV and 27" ditto data screen. For normal flight (filming) I have a very hard time seeing any difference compared to the higher resolutions. The editing will also be much easier plus I can use all settings in the drone as 4X zoom as an example.
What do you guys think are 2.7K and 4K overrated? ?

No I dont agree : There is a big Difference in 1080 and 2K but there is a little difference between 2k an 4k

You can easily see that 2K is much cleaner on the wide screen computer monitors .
Many of us have bigger monitors today .

I always stress 2K is where its at and allows you to put out quality video while still making it easy to edit.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Float on water.

Reactions: hiflyer201
I disagree. I can see the difference on my 13' laptop, my 32' computer monitor, and my 75' TV. Even on YouTube, I can tell the difference 100% of the time between HD and 4K content. I will seldom watch a show on Prime Video if it is not 4K (and HDR preferably). I remember so many people saying with a straight face they could not tell the difference between SD and HD. Here we go again...However, I will grant you that the MA2 4K video is not that great.
What vertical resolution is supported by your 13” and 32” laptop and computer monitor screens?? You might be lucky and have 1080 on the laptop. How is 4K going to look better in that scenario? It might even appear worse than 1080 after interpolation and throwing away 3/4 of the encoded pixels.

I stick with 1080p myself. The higher resolutions just eat up too much storage for the benefit. Besides, I don't have anything yet that can display 2.7K, let alone 4K. It's only in the past year that I acquired 2.5K monitors.

Reactions: hiflyer201
I always film on 4K. I see the advantage in the ability to crop the video in editing for effect, to remove an element I did not notice in flight or to correct for some jello or other flight issues you may notice in productions.

While I have not noticed it in the Air 2, I did notice a visual difference in my P3A and Evo. I assume they did not have as refined algorithms or bit rate for the lower resolution. Never flew the P4P in 1080 so can comment if it had quality Full HD.
My old Bebop clearly had quaility issues between 1080 and 720 records.
Perhaps I missed what you meant but P3A can only do 2.7K. It was the P3P that did 4K.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming