DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fully loaded CPU message Issue

So you got two refunds for one unit . Double of what you paid now is in your pocket . ?
No.
I got the full refund from BestBuy for the drone,
and I got a full refund from DJI for the Refresh.

If you read the message I was replying to, it referred to returning the drone, and then asked about the Refresh - TWO transactions. What I got “as well” was a -full- refund, not a second refund on the drone - i.e. full refund on the drone from BestBuy, and full refund on the Refresh from DJI.

Thats odd because bestbuy (Canada anyways) their return policy is unopened drones only in 30 days Once its opened its your problem. You can deal with the manufacturer directly
I’m in USA, so policies may differ, but I called two different BestBuy stores, told them what happened, and both said that I could return for exchange or refund. I told them that it had already been flown.

Reactions: mad monkey
Delete cache on iPad hold down power button until choice to turn off comes on then do not turn off but let go of button and hold home button until reg screen comes back cache deleted

Basically... It's time to upgrade.

I used a Mini 4 with my Phantom 4 for a long, long time, without issue, until more and more updates starting appearing for the DJI app. After one update I kept on seeing the CPU message. Bit odd as it had been fine before then. Another update and the artefacts started appearing. I completely reset the ipad, created a new Apple account and 'only' installed the DJI App. Same problem. I tried all the suggestions I could find.

I then decided to change to a new iPad(2018) which resolved the issue. I then sold that, due to not having an anti-glare screen, to be replaced with an Ipad Pro.

On youtube a lot of other people are having issues and I FIRMLY blame DJI. "But mine is fine!" Good for you, love it until it happens to you.

Reactions: MavicFlyer

I used a Mini 4 with my Phantom 4 for a long, long time, without issue, until more and more updates starting appearing for the DJI app. After one update I kept on seeing the CPU message. Bit odd as it had been fine before then. Another update and the artefacts started appearing. I completely reset the ipad, created a new Apple account and 'only' installed the DJI App. Same problem. I tried all the suggestions I could find.

I then decided to change to a new iPad(2018) which resolved the issue. I then sold that, due to not having an anti-glare screen, to be replaced with an Ipad Pro.

On youtube a lot of other people are having issues and I FIRMLY blame DJI. "But mine is fine!" Good for you, love it until it happens to you.

Litchi guys... Change for litchi app...
Yes maybe its quiet different than djigo , but it need more less ressources to work..
Since a few updates from DJI, my ipadmini 2 started to overheat and freeze , showing le the CPU message...
Since , I fly with litchi app ans I Never had any issues with it.
There are other alternative apps like autopilot....

I'm still very upset by DJI's GO 4 app - both iPad Mini 2, and iPhone 6 experienced the same problems, in spite of doing everything DJI suggested. This in spite of the fact that both mobile devices are on the DJI compatibility list.

I finally went out and bought a 2018 iPad, which doesn't have any of these problems. It was on sale at BestBuy, and the larger display is very nice.

I'm still very upset by DJI's GO 4 app - both iPad Mini 2, and iPhone 6 experienced the same problems, in spite of doing everything DJI suggested. This in spite of the fact that both mobile devices are on the DJI compatibility list.

I finally went out and bought a 2018 iPad, which doesn't have any of these problems. It was on sale at BestBuy, and the larger display is very nice.

And that was exactly what DJI and Apple wanted you to do all along! Everyone’s happy.

Seriously though, I bought an iPhone 6 Plus specifically to use with the Mavic. It has nothing else on it, all background processes turned off, airplane mode on and it still does it. Latest app from the AppStore and latest firmware for the Mavic and RC too.
This problem was first reported well over a year ago and it’s still happening and all that DJI seem to be doing is blaming everyone else.
I was considering using Litchi but there seems to be some talk about using Litchi invalidating warranties..

Several weeks ago I began getting the following message:

Mobile device cpu fully loaded. Related performance will be degraded”, freezing/distorted video, and irregular response to control inputs.

My Configuration: Mavic Air with all latest versions of all firmware, DJI Go 4 current version, as of yesterday. iPhone 6, 64G, with current iOS 11.4.1.

First, I was surprised about the cpu loading since everything was running fine for several weeks after I bought the Mavic Air.

I killed all running apps except for Go, after a restart. I also disabled features in the app, such as caching, and did not turn on the screen recording, something I always did since day 1. No improvement.

I reinstalled firmware on the Mavic Air (including restart). No improvement.

All I can think of now is that there’s an issue with the DJI Go 4 app. Anybody else have this problem? Any ideas how to resolve? Anybody from DJI?
I know this is a little old however, I fly with an Ipad Pro 9.7 and I don't have any problems but have you considered the temp. outside. It seems like you said at first, I'm assuming when it was cooler outside, that you wasn't having any problems. Have you tried a hover inside where it's cool to see if you get the same error? I've heard of guys strapping on cooling fans to there ipads while flying out in the elements and doing away with this problem!
Like I said I never have this problem and I'm in the desert but I make sure that my ipad is never in direct sunlight.

Hi all , Iphone do show fully loaded CPU because the app do turn use of GPS in Iphone , turn of this , there are no need for use off GPS in iphone since the drone use it’s own GPS

Not temp related. Ambient temperature in the UK now 15 - 17 Celsius and I had the message a couple of times already in the past few days. Once around 5 seconds after everything had connected up, well before the Mavic had even taken to the air.
I posted on the DJI forum and someone from DJI said my phone was probably not powerful enough - it’s a iPhone 6 Plus. I pointed out that it’s on their own list of approved devices and I bought it specifically for this task, switched off all background processes, installed nothing else, ran in airplane mode with no SIM card.
Things went very silent after that..

Last edited:
I posted on the DJI forum and someone from DJI said my phone was probably not powerful enough - it’s a iPhone 6 Plus. I pointed out that it’s on their own list of approved devices and I bought it specifically for this task, switched off all background processes, installed nothing else, ran in airplane mode with no SIM card.
Things went very silent after that..

I find the DJI response on this issue totally unacceptable, though quite predictable.

That worn out line about temperature is laughable. As soon as I installed the same SW on a current version of iPhone/iPad the whole problem went away.

This just happened on our first real flight on our new MAVIC 2 PRO using an iPad 4 Mini.

Ugh.

It's a week old. Our first flight was in my backyard, and just set up the settings how I wanted. Then landed. No issues. The first shoot at a wedding this past weekend and I ran into that issue. Yes, I was caching video. But I always did that with my Mavic Pro (version 1) and never had any CPU related warnings or issues. The issue occured within 10 minutes of flying and was awful. It caused a delay of several seconds to the video feed which made it nearly impossible and very dangerous to fly. Very annoying. We landed. It was about 85 degrees (F) out and I was under a tree in the shade when the issue arose. Not hot at all. We've flow our original Mavic with this iPad 4 Mini in 110 degree heat and never had this warning.

I turned off the iPad and remote and mavic. I replaced the mavic 2 pro battery and fired everything up again. Within a few minutes the issue was back. Sucks.

I contacted DJI just now and they said the warning is a feature of the app designed to be initiated when the temps get too hot on the device. I was in the shade and it wasn't THAT hot outside though (especially compared to what we've flown in with the original mavic). I had been using iOS 11.4.1 so they had me update to iOS 12 (current version). We'll see if that helps. He also recommended a sun shade but I told him, I was in the shade when the issue occurred.

I'll update this post if I figure out what solves it. I'll start with just the update. Then if it still happens, I'll move into Airplane Mode (which they also suggested). Then if it still happens I'll stop the cache thing. Then if it still happens I'll throw my iPad 4 Mini into the ocean.

Sigh.

I really do feel your pain having gone through pretty much the same thing with the cpu error.
This has nothing to do with the temperature of the device and everything to do with the processing power instead.
I went through the same BS with DJI support and eventually stopped using the iPhone 6 Plus that I bought specifically for flying and started using my iPhone X instead. Since I did that, i’ve NEVER seen the cpu warning.
I briefly tried my iPad Pro 10.5 and that too never gave the warning.
I just wish DJI would stop telling people that all the devices on their list work perfectly with GO4 when so many clearly don’t.
iOS 12 may help so upgrade your Mini 4 and try again!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito