DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FW Update .800 Things to know from testing

Mark , The issues of the .800 FW is not a instantaneous change --- Your just hearing about it today --- Tomorrow is when you'll see it !
FW .800 is the just the start with many more to follow !! --- This is about the Future
LOL!!! The doom and gloom is always right around the corner. Let me know when it's in the present and then I'll listen.

You guys swore up and down that the last GO4 update was going to be the end of the world as we know it. Once that update hit and nothing happened then you swore up and down that the next firmware release was going to be the end of the world as we know it. Now that's hit and nothing has happened. So of COURSE the end of the world as we know is... Drum roll please.... TOMORROW!!

Sigh... What a tiring existence you must live. Pretty sure the sun will be there when I wake up and I'm pretty sure I'll fly my MP just like I did today.

But guess what?? If you are scared then... DON'T UPDATE.

LOL!!! The doom and gloom is always right around the corner. Let me know when it's in the present and then I'll listen.

You guys swore up and down that the last GO4 update was going to be the end of the world as we know it. Once that update hit and nothing happened then you swore up and down that the next firmware release was going to be the end of the world as we know it. Now that's hit and nothing has happened. So of COURSE the end of the world as we know is... Drum roll please.... TOMORROW!!

Sigh... What a tiring existence you must live. Pretty sure the sun will be there when I wake up and I'm pretty sure I'll fly my MP just like I did today.

But guess what?? If you are scared then... DON'T UPDATE.

I rather he just sell his Mavic and leave this forum the way it was meant to be, to help make flying the mavic a pleasurable hobby for everyone..

Not come here to whine and gripe about something that is probably not a very big deal in the first place.. haha

Is this forum the worst moderated?

After all every one of us that's here at least likes the mavic and want to fly in peace.

I've updated to. 800 and did both my batteries, I will post tomorrow any issues

Just out and flew two batteries between the rain showers using my iPad mini 3 with wifi. Guess what, the world did not collapse, flew perfectly on .800

Just out and flew two batteries between the rain showers using my iPad mini 3 with wifi. Guess what, the world did not collapse, flew perfectly on .800

I'm shocked... Are you sure you flew it properly..?

NO National Guard descending on you? NO Ion Cannon from some orbitting space station obliterated you on the spot?

NO WAY... this is unacceptable.. I'm gonna write a complaint letter to DJI to complain why they did not at the very least send a swarm or artificial Bees to go and sting you after you flew with the .800 FW..

;p

I'm shocked... Are you sure you flew it properly..?

NO National Guard descending on you? NO Ion Cannon from some orbitting space station obliterated you on the spot?

NO WAY... this is unacceptable.. I'm gonna write a complaint letter to DJI to complain why they did not at the very least send a swarm or artificial Bees to go and sting you after you flew with the .800 FW..

;p

I actually saw 3 Blackhawk choppers, thought they were coming for me but they disappeared into the distance towards the RAAF base so obviously the new software had not reported me for daring to fly a Mavic with the new software.

Reactions: Cerberus
Well... I took a risk and flew under some black cloudy sky today..

Thankfully no rain.. and I fixed my Fixed Wing problem..
The same way I fixed it the first time I encountered in upgrading to .700.

Seems stable in flight and in hover as usual... Sports mode was fun, Fixed wing was a great fun..
My active track is working (the only feature I use for fun on the mavic)

so all in .800 didn't turn the sky blood red and rain fiery meteorites for me..

p.s :- signal strength was strong, but I was flying it around at LOS..
Might do a distance test to test the signal some day.. Not today though.. Afraid of my Mavic getting rained on.. ;p

p.s :- signal strength was strong, but I was flying it around at LOS..
Might do a distance test to test the signal some day.. Not today though.. Afraid of my Mavic getting rained on.. ;p
Nice to hear about your experiences with fw800, anyway
Any precaution for distance test flight? I've always wanted to try it, but am afraid
Like max wind speed condition u'll tolerate

Nice to hear about your experiences with fw800, anyway
Any precaution for distance test flight? I've always wanted to try it, but am afraid
Like max wind speed condition u'll tolerate

Ok... the way I do distance flight test...

2 things I always bear in mind before I do a flight test.. Wind speed and signal strength.

if either or both my radio signal and my video signal shows some kind of interference (the icons will flash on DJI go app if there is interference),
don't do the distance test.. I had some close calls when I ignore them and went ahead with the distance test anyway.. all those calls, my RTH saved my butt..
But I've learned that it is better to fly safe than be sorry... easier on my heart too..

So long story short, any signal interference, don't do it..

second thing is wind direction... You know your Mavic's top speed on normal mode is around 30 plus KM/h, right?
What I would do is I would use my first battery to test the wind direction and to do that, I fly towards where I planned to fly to for the test
and see the top speed reached... if it goes way faster than 35km/h, the wind is blowing from behind your mavic...
if thats the case, don't do the distance test.

if the speed is slower than 35 km/h, your mavic is flying against the wind.. then the choice is up to you. you can do the distance test, but you probably won't
hit the optimal distance because your mavic is fighting to move forward against the wind, but is kind of good thing in case you need to return home and the wind will help "push" your Mavic home faster.

If the speed is normal, probably not much wind and thats the best time for me to do the test.

last thing you need to keep track when you do a distance test is, keep an eye on your battery.. Don't push your luck and try to squeeze every
volt of power to push your Mavic that much further. You can if you are brave, but I don't do it... I normally fly till my batts hit 50% and then I
send my Mavic straight home..

Thats about it from me... I'm sure the other Pro Pilots here can add more (probably better) advice on what to check before a distance test

Fly Safe..

Reactions: bjohnson and BJF13
Ok... the way I do distance flight test...

Wow i really thank u for the thorough explanation
Yeah, i once experience going home against the wind, only get 20kmh on p mode
I'll try it tomorrow if the weather and the wind speed is suitable
Btw is it preferable to do distance test with P mode instead of sport mode?

Reactions: Cerberus
Wow i really thank u for the thorough explanation
Yeah, i once experience going home against the wind, only get 20kmh on p mode
I'll try it tomorrow if the weather and the wind speed is suitable
Btw is it preferable to do distance test with P mode instead of sport mode?

I normally do P mode because I believe S mode will eat up more batt than P..

there was a test some guy here in this forum did showing that if the Mavic goes at 30 plus Km/h, the Mavic stays up longer in the air.
not sure how to explain it better.

;p

Xman , I'm seeing report too about the interweb connection being need too and from what I'm seeing people that upgrade are still having False NFZ being triggered , The same as B4 if not more now --- The way I see it is if DJI couldn't make the NFZ's work B4, What makes people think it will work now how??????? I'm Tired of being DJI's Beta tester -- I just want to Fly without False Errors being triggered due to ****** programing ---- I do have other opinions about there programing However, I have tried voicing my opinions B4 and it has gotten me Banned ---- I must have hit a nerve with DJI that they don't want people to know about !!! -- The more DJI BS the more I see them putting themselves into a corner that's going to be tuff to get out of untill they start cleaning up there act .
This is my DJI Beta testing opinion

Reactions: SkunkWerx's
Yes they eat up more battery but twice the speed, may be mavic will fly further :p
Thanks for the explanations
Will report the distance once im done

there was a test some guy here in this forum did showing that if the Mavic goes at 30 plus Km/h, the Mavic stays up longer in the air.
not sure how to explain it better.

;p

It does but the battery to distance ratio starts to even out beyond 35kph. So you still cover the same distance at 65kph and at 35kph while covering less below that on a battery charge.

Friday the 26th of may.. I was flying in a "authoraztion" zone .. after my app disconnected from the controller I re launched the app and upon reconnect it informed me I was in a NFZ and promptly landed me.. in the Pacific ocean. Seems wrong it let me launch and fly for 13 mins with no problem... and when the app says Ok to Fly... I thought it was.. denied any help even with DJI refresh purchase. Flown RC aircraft over 40 years.. never felt so helpless.

Question I have, after uploading new firmware some people have complained they can't even take off because of the new NFZ update..Is there any validity to this? If this is true, perhaps they are close to an airport or heliport?
Thanks

Friday the 26th of may.. I was flying in a "authoraztion" zone .. after my app disconnected from the controller I re launched the app and upon reconnect it informed me I was in a NFZ and promptly landed me.. in the Pacific ocean. Seems wrong it let me launch and fly for 13 mins with no problem... and when the app says Ok to Fly... I thought it was.. denied any help even with DJI refresh purchase. Flown RC aircraft over 40 years.. never felt so helpless.
You have experienced one of DJI's ongoing False / Positive Triggering issues since introducing the NFZ upgrades --- Sorry for your loss for future reference when you get your Mavic back, find a software and FW combination that works for you and don't change it .keep it from communicating over the Web

Reactions: Pdxpaul
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cryhav0c