DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Galaxy s8 won't connect to controller

wiznip

Reactions
Hi, I've been using my Samsung galaxy s8 with my mavic since I brought it and it's been working Great, until today. Went to connect my phone and i get this notice pop up (has never done it before) and now nothing displays on the phone like no video, it says it's disconnected. Just wondering if anyone has the same issue or if anyone knows how to fix it cheers.
3893da8faf9a5a0031780ad0e0831604.jpg

Hi, I've been using my Samsung galaxy s8 with my mavic since I brought it and it's been working Great, until today. Went to connect my phone and i get this notice pop up (has never done it before) and now nothing displays on the phone like no video, it says it's disconnected. Just wondering if anyone has the same issue or if anyone knows how to fix it cheers.
3893da8faf9a5a0031780ad0e0831604.jpg
try setting your display size to 1080p, there was a thread about this yesterday.

Reactions: Bunny Too
These are two different issues.

Uncheck the box and you won't see the popup. The video disconnection is something that is happening on controller. I had it happen once mid-flight. Reconnecting did nothing. I used RTH to get back into reasonable range, and restarted the controller itself. App and video connected just fine right after.

I have had this problem a few times with the Samsung S7 it started to happen during the last few updates and when you clear it the red record button is larger and you can't see the amount of days you have on the app. I went into settings and this did not work.
I also noticed that when the app is already on the phone this happens when you update during a prompt to do so. The way I have managed to get around this prob which is a bit of a pain is I uninstall the dji app and reinstall on the play store seems to work .

I contacted fun, followed all there steps and nothing has worked. I haven't flown it for about a week and it was working fine before then. I don't even think it's had a chance to update. Or if anything I kinda think it's the app itself

Sorted it all out everyone. I just reinstalled the app from there website (even though I did that last night and it didn't work) thought I would try it again and it worked perfectly. Cheers

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB