DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GALILEO available on Mini 2

RSDonovan

Reactions
The mini 2 has capability of accessing the GALILEO GPS system. I believe that is a European system? Does it have any advantages over existing systems? Thanks

Reactions: The General
Hi Donovan, sure Mini 2 and most drones picks up all "brands" like , Glonass, Galileo and GPS (USA). More to come from China.
The comparison table on the DJI site seems to show that the Mini 2 is their only drone with the new system. Are all systems equally accurate and available?

it just means that you have more sats to lock on too ,and you are correct the Mini 2 is the first one to be able to lock on to the Galileo family of sats

Reactions: THE CYBORG
You can use a custom firmware on a few of the magic series and the spark works well in my opinion.

Can it 'mix and match' networks?
it does that anyway,my first phantom 3 only had GPS (no Glonass) and would lock on to 9 to 12 sats at best
then the MPP came along with GPS and Glonass and it gets up to 18 to 20 sats
now with Galileo added to the mix we should be seeing 25 or more,depending where we are flying around the globe

My post was deleted about using the super patcher on the Mavic Pro, that's a new one (didn't realize modifying personal property was a crime on this forum).

Anyway, the Mavic Pro / Platinum can also use Galileo when the super patcher is applied.

Reactions: kidroc
it does that anyway,my first phantom 3 only had GPS (no Glonass) and would lock on to 9 to 12 sats at best
then the MPP came along with GPS and Glonass and it gets up to 18 to 20 sats
now with Galileo added to the mix we should be seeing 25 or more,depending where we are flying around the globe
I assume that was a P3S then, I know my P3P had both? I can see where you could get more with a additional system, but I have never really waited for GPS lock..perhaps luck of the draw for were I live and time I fly? But in this instance more is better there is no doubt.

I assume that was a P3S then, I know my P3P had both? I can see where you could get more with a additional system, but I have never really waited for GPS lock..perhaps luck of the draw for were I live and time I fly? But in this instance more is better there is no doubt.
yes the PH3S ,having the ability to lock onto different systems, just increases the number of sats available to stay locked on to as you fly, and decreases the chances of loosing GPS in canyons and valleys its a case of the more the merrier ,the sats are constantly moving across the surface and therefore having more of them is going to be a bonus

I noticed this a while back on the specs, so on the UAVForecast app, under settings I enabled GALILEO sats (it doesn't show their count by default). The Mini 1 just has the two, but then you have the third option with the Mini 2 and definitely seems to show more connections (especially at late afternoon and night) versus the Mini 1 in the northern US.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+