DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gap in between motor and frame changes when I spin the motor by hand

VibeFixer

Reactions
On 3 of the 4 motors on my mini 2, when I look at the small gap in between the motor and frame carefully, it increases/decreases when I spin it by hand. The difference is bigger on the front left and rear right motors, the front right motor also has this problem but the difference is extremely small, and the rear left motor doesn't have it at all.
I never crashed the drone, the only thing I did to it was I tried to take off the propellers from the front left motor because I thought I heard a weird noise coming from it when spinning by hand but I couldn't unscrew the propellers because they were screwed in too tight and I didn't want to use too much force so I just gave up. Eventually I figured out the noise was just the propellers rubbing against the motor.
So my questions are:
1. Is it normal for the motors to "wobble" like this?
2. Is it possible that I bent the motor or shaft by trying to unscrew the propellers? That still wouldn't explain why 2 other motors have the same issue though, since I only tried to unscrew the props on 1 motor.

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

some will likely be along soon with avvanswer.... but: 1-Idoubt it... and 2-yes.

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

some will likely be along soon with avvanswer.... but: 1-Idoubt it... and 2-yes.
Well then why do 2 other motors have the same issue? I didn't do anything to those...

UPDATE: Just talked to DJI support and they said it's normal for the gaps to change as you spin the motors. They also said the app would show an error if there was a problem. I personally think there is no way I damaged the front left motor by trying to unscrew the propellers considering 2 other motors have the same problem, the coincidence would be too big. What are your thoughts?

I have also on mini 2. Only real left, but i crashed into the wall and didn't check if that was there before the crash. Im going to take it to service tomorrow to see if that is a problem. Drone still fly normal and its stable. No errors or anything.

Hi VibeFixer,

In my Mini2, the gaps are also different, but small. The motors are stuck and the propellers don't rub against the housing, so I'm not worried.

Greeting

On 3 of the 4 motors on my mini 2, when I look at the small gap in between the motor and frame carefully, it increases/decreases when I spin it by hand. The difference is bigger on the front left and rear right motors, the front right motor also has this problem but the difference is extremely small, and the rear left motor doesn't have it at all.
I never crashed the drone, the only thing I did to it was I tried to take off the propellers from the front left motor because I thought I heard a weird noise coming from it when spinning by hand but I couldn't unscrew the propellers because they were screwed in too tight and I didn't want to use too much force so I just gave up. Eventually I figured out the noise was just the propellers rubbing against the motor.
So my questions are:
1. Is it normal for the motors to "wobble" like this?
2. Is it possible that I bent the motor or shaft by trying to unscrew the propellers? That still wouldn't explain why 2 other motors have the same issue though, since I only tried to unscrew the props on 1 motor.
Hi Vibe...

I checked my mini2 and I do not see any change in the gap between the rotor and the arm where the motor is mounted.

Joe

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karajovic