DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

G'day from Sydney, Australia ....

I've been using a Galaxy Tab 2 8" since I started with drones about 4 years ago and never had an app crash on me (yet)
Mind you I don't update DJI and have no intention to.
If it flies well out of the box just ignore the updates and always fly in airplane mode.
Yep, airplane mode, turn all your other apps off and up the brightness. DHL tried to deliver it today but nobody home ..... bloody work gets in the way if everything good! [emoji1]

You know, in the back of my mind I've been expecting that and secretly dreading it. Updating FW, calibrating and all that other BS drives me insane. Wouldn't you think for all that money the thing looked after itself [emoji16]. I'm now looking at all the other stuff you need/want - micro SD card, tablet, mount, hood etc and trying to work out what's best and what I'm prepared to pay and do I actually need it. All part of the fun I guess !
Yeah , when I set mine up I had this stupid msg come up to select fixed wing flight straight up so I just pressed ok and continued with the beginners mode, soon as it went up a height the bastard took off in a straight line for 200 mtrs at about 90 foot. Freaked the hell out of me, I had no control at all. Eventually I got it to return to home. Then after the adrenaline stopped I did even further research and found out it was needing three lots of calibration. The quick set up pamphlet is very vague . hahahha all good now and just building up the confidence. enjoy. oh by the way just get it have a play and buy the other bits later.

The thought of it taking off on you like that made me smile. Time for a costume change if you know what I mean [emoji6]

The thought of it taking off on you like that made me smile. Time for a costume change if you know what I mean [emoji6]
Hahahha yeah was a freak out . Like having 2 k and throwing it to the wind.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joel_du05