DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

G'day from Sydney, Australia ....

V2Rotate

Reactions
Long time flyer/collector of RC planes and helis. Have only mucked around with cheap/toy drones which are mongrels of things to fly. Almost bought the Mavic Pro but I'm not a fan of first gen technology in anything so i decided to wait that out. Probably got that wrong because MP from most reports has proven pretty reliable. That said, I love second generation technology because the wrinkles tend to get ironed-out - now awaiting delivery of M2Pro.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your Mavic 2 when it arrives, Fly safe and have fun!

Long time flyer/collector of RC planes and helis. Have only mucked around with cheap/toy drones which are mongrels of things to fly. Almost bought the Mavic Pro but I'm not a fan of first gen technology in anything so i decided to wait that out. Probably got that wrong because MP from most reports has proven pretty reliable. That said, I love second generation technology because the wrinkles tend to get ironed-out - now awaiting delivery of M2Pro.
Howdy from Wyoming @V2Rotate , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Don't knock it til you try it.
I was down there about 10 yrs ago and have no inclination to go back. :)
We also have the most relaxed drone laws in Aus Thumbswayup
I'm hearing ya.....I love Qld.. particularly Proserpine, Airlie Beach.....it's all good - I just don't like admitting it. In relation to operating drones, I think people outside the big cities are just more normal. You go to operate a drone down here and it's like joining ISIS - everyone hates you [emoji16]

Reactions: Simmo
I'm hearing ya.....I love Qld.. particularly Proserpine, Airlie Beach.....it's all good - I just don't like admitting it. In relation to operating drones, I think people outside the big cities are just more normal. You go to operate a drone down here and it's like joining ISIS - everyone hates you [emoji16]

I'm lucky in that I live in a very small beachside area and two of my immediate neighbours have drones so no big problems here.
The locals know us and wave when they see a drone.
I like Airlie but Fraser Island is my favourite.
That's my backyard.
My first vid with a P3P about 4 yrs ago.

Mate I waited and waited, and kept seeing the release date put back , so I bit the bullet and went and bought a pro platinum combo on Friday. Stuff me drunk if the newbie only got released then. I have to say though this bird is a ripper. Just be aware of setting up your new 2 if its anything like the pro when it arrives as it can be a bit daunting to begin with but after that its like woo hoo.

Mate I waited and waited, and kept seeing the release date put back , so I bit the bullet and went and bought a pro platinum combo on Friday. Stuff me drunk if the newbie only got released then. I have to say though this bird is a ripper. Just be aware of setting up your new 2 if its anything like the pro when it arrives as it can be a bit daunting to begin with but after that its like woo hoo.
You know, in the back of my mind I've been expecting that and secretly dreading it. Updating FW, calibrating and all that other BS drives me insane. Wouldn't you think for all that money the thing looked after itself [emoji16]. I'm now looking at all the other stuff you need/want - micro SD card, tablet, mount, hood etc and trying to work out what's best and what I'm prepared to pay and do I actually need it. All part of the fun I guess !

I'm lucky in that I live in a very small beachside area and two of my immediate neighbours have drones so no big problems here.
The locals know us and wave when they see a drone.
I like Airlie but Fraser Island is my favourite.
That's my backyard.
My first vid with a P3P about 4 yrs ago.
Nice spot and I can see you don't have a myriad of neighbours to contend with. Nice landing ......I spent 15 years at Qantas and as the pilots used to say ... any landing you can walk away from is a good one !

You know, in the back of my mind I've been expecting that and secretly dreading it. Updating FW, calibrating and all that other BS drives me insane. Wouldn't you think for all that money the thing looked after itself [emoji16]. I'm now looking at all the other stuff you need/want - micro SD card, tablet, mount, hood etc and trying to work out what's best and what I'm prepared to pay and do I actually need it. All part of the fun I guess !

Use Litchi and you don't have to worry about updates

Use Litchi and you don't have to worry about updates
A bit nervous about losing a 2.5K drone so I bought Refresh. If I use Litchi and something goes wrong DJI won't cover me with Refresh. I'm stuck with Go4.

I've been watching and reading alot about what device to pair the controller with. I've heard and read that many horror stories about Android, IOS even CS that I'm thoroughly confused. I have an Ipad Air, 2018 "Ipad" and a Samsung S8 phone. All of these are compatible products at least theoretically. The S8 has a peak 1020 nits of brightness but I'm hearing of heaps of app crashes. Ipad seems to stack up better but you can't see the screen in direct sunlight. DJIs own CS seems to lag in updates and have reliability issues also. What do you use?

A bit nervous about losing a 2.5K drone so I bought Refresh. If I use Litchi and something goes wrong DJI won't cover me with Refresh. I'm stuck with Go4.

I've been watching and reading alot about what device to pair the controller with. I've heard and read that many horror stories about Android, IOS even CS that I'm thoroughly confused. I have an Ipad Air, 2018 "Ipad" and a Samsung S8 phone. All of these are compatible products at least theoretically. The S8 has a peak 1020 nits of brightness but I'm hearing of heaps of app crashes. Ipad seems to stack up better but you can't see the screen in direct sunlight. DJIs own CS seems to lag in updates and have reliability issues also. What do you use?

I've been using a Galaxy Tab 2 8" since I started with drones about 4 years ago and never had an app crash on me (yet)
Mind you I don't update DJI and have no intention to.
If it flies well out of the box just ignore the updates and always fly in airplane mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02