DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gear Check: 4Patriots Portable Power Generator 1800 for In-The-Field drone battery charging.

Everything I’ve heard about this outfit is that there overpriced copies of more reputable units. After all they advertise on Facebook. I think a better alternative would be Ecoflow or BLUETTI. My preference is Ecoflow.
I follow Hobotech on YouTube and he does many reviews on these units. Which ever unit you get, I would make sure that the batteries are LifeP04 which have a much longer lifespan.

$2500 for a generator with 768wh battery pack and 1 100w solar panel? I have an Ecoflow River Max with 568 wh, but only 1200w max output vs 3000, that costs about $450 on sale. Or go with the River Pro with 720wh and a 160w solar panel for $780. Jump up to the Ecoflow Delta Max with 2000wh and 3400w max and 160w solar panel for $1600. You decide what's the better deal. Heck you could go with the Pro/ solar combo AND the Delta Max/ solar combo for the same price but now have 2 separate setups to use depending on your need or in different locations at the same time and have 3 times the capacity for what 4Patriots is offering.

Edit/ update: Because I was bored at 5am on a Sunday I decided to dig a little because the 2000+ charges thing was stuck in my head for some reason. Upon further review I found out that the 4patriots unit advertises using lifepo 4 battery so it wouldn't quite be fair to compare prices against the Ecoflow Delta Max. Different technologies=different performances=different prices. I'll stand by the value and versatility statement though. Now if you upgrade to the Delta 2 series offered by Ecoflow you make more of an apples to apples comparison. But Ecolfow still wins out in my opinion. They offer the Delta 2 Max with a 220w solar panel on sale right now for $200 less than the 4patriots. Same technology but with 3000 recharges before decrease to 80% instead of 2k like the 4patriots model. And 200wh more capacity. And the solar panel offers over twice the rated output. The price differential is almost enough to get an OG Ecoflow River( that's expandable to twice its original 288wh capacity) on sale for only $220 right now via Amazon. And the Delta also offers expandability via a secondary ( and tertiary) batteries as well, bumping total continous capacity options up to over 6000 wh.
Not trying to be a shill for Ecoflow but when I was shopping around a few years ago I did a fair amount of research and found the River. Not the biggest, not the best, nor the most versatile but looked to offer the best value for my money( note I said value for MY money) and took a chance. Now that I've 'drank the kool-aid' I'm sold on their quality to price to performance ratios and plan to stick with them for the long haul Until they do me dirty. I keep my eyes and mind open for new options from other manufacturers or vendors and am willing to give them a shot but so far have been at least mildly disappointed for one reason or another( looking at you Omnicharge).

Last edited:
Reactions: The Droning Company
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman