DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GEO Fencing

Dronenewbie8

Reactions
I'm a little confused regarding DJI's GEO Fencing software. It's my understanding that the GEO Fencing software will detect close proximity to any prohibited zones - such as airports - and prevent take-off within, or flying into, a prohibited zone. Is this correct?

That is my understanding.
Depending on what country you are in their may be different rules associated as well.

I'm a little confused regarding DJI's GEO Fencing software. It's my understanding that the GEO Fencing software will detect close proximity to any prohibited zones - such as airports - and prevent take-off within, or flying into, a prohibited zone. Is this correct?
Geo fencing will only stop you flying into what DJI considers a no fly area.
It has nothing to do with where you can and cannot fly legally. It is only DJI's (often wrong) interpretation.
Your own countries laws and rules together with a sectional air chart will show exactly where you can and cannot fly
I'm afraid you cannot just rely on the fact that your DJI drone didn't stop you taking off/flying into or at a particular spot means it's ok and legal to do so.

Reactions: Slade and brett8883
That is my understanding.
Depending on what country you are in their may be different rules associated as well.
Geo fencing will only stop you flying into what DJI considers a no fly area.
It has nothing to do with where you can and cannot fly legally. It is only DJI's (often wrong) interpretation.
Your own countries laws and rules together with a sectional air chart will show exactly where you can and cannot fly
I'm afraid you cannot just rely on the fact that your DJI drone didn't stop you taking off/flying into or at a particular spot means it's ok and legal to do so.

Thanks for your reply....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife