DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Geo zone unlocking Question.

Jaldrich

Reactions
Everybody everybody I am brand new to the drone world. Have a question about unlocking Geo zones.

I have the smart controller.

A large majority of the area where I plan on flying is not in a Geo zone locked area. However if I come across one I am assuming that I will have to turn on my hotspot on my cell phone so the smart controller can connect to it so I can request a self unlocking of the Geo zone would that be correct?

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Everybody everybody I am brand new to the drone world. Have a question about unlocking Geo zones.

I have the smart controller.

A large majority of the area where I plan on flying is not in a Geo zone locked area. However if I come across one I am assuming that I will have to turn on my hotspot on my cell phone so the smart controller can connect to it so I can request a self unlocking of the Geo zone would that be correct?

Thanks for taking the time to read.
Correct, if you are unlocking "in the field", you'll need to use a hotspot with your SC so that the SC can get the unlock from DJI.

As an alternative, you can request DJI unlock ahead of time by visiting DJI's Self-Unlock website from your computer. Once they issue the unlock, just open DJI Fly on your SC while its connected to WiFi so that the SC can download the unlock information so its available once you are in the field.

Reactions: Jaldrich
Correct, if you are unlocking "in the field", you'll need to use a hotspot with your SC so that the SC can get the unlock from DJI.

As an alternative, you can request DJI unlock ahead of time by visiting DJI's Self-Unlock website from your computer. Once they issue the unlock, just open DJI Fly on your SC while its connected to WiFi so that the SC can download the unlock information so its available once you are in the field.

Thank you very much!!!

Thank you very much!!!
Just in case you run into trouble unlocking, I have been trying for a long time with no luck. I finally got in touch with DJI and found out that putting in your phone requires (NO) dashes between the numbers.
Also when placing your RC Serial number in make sure the Zeros are not the letter O.That info would have saved me several times of trying.
I should say, they were zeros (0)not the letter O.

Last edited:
It's not the RC sn needed, it's the FC sn. If there's no FC number, then AC number.

I once had delays in getting the text for in-app unlocking, and receiving the unlock code when I did it on the web. Most of the time it works.

Reactions: Jaldrich
It's not the RC sn needed, it's the FC sn. If there's no FC number, then AC number.

I once had delays in getting the text for in-app unlocking, and receiving the unlock code when I did it on the web. Most of the time it works.
Yes Dan, my bad. It's the Flight Controller number. To see it you need to be connected to the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998