DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Get M2P now or wait for M3? What about autel evo ii?

I have yet to see this change reflected in Canada, but usually a price drop means something else is coming along.... DJI lowers price on the Mavic 2 Pro and Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 to $1,599
Not with DJI. Prices only drop after a newer model has been released, but seasonal discounts and promotions are still available. No M3 has been announced, and none is expected any time soon. Sales of the M2P are still strong, and the Mini knocked it out of the park! Keep in mind that the M2P was $1499 when first released, and the price only was raised to $1729 because of the tariffs. There was also a $350 discount in December. This price change is way less than that, at only $129, and is still $100 more than the $1499 original MSRP.

Not with DJI. Prices only drop after a newer model has been released, but seasonal discounts and promotions are still available. No M3 has been announced, and none is expected any time soon. Sales of the M2P are still strong, and the Mini knocked it out of the park! Keep in mind that the M2P was $1499 when first released, and the price only was raised to $1729 because of the tariffs. There was also a $350 discount in December. This price change is way less than that, at only $129, and is still $100 more than the $1499 original MSRP.
Thanks for the clarification. I did notice the price had returned to normal based on that information. It appears that my dealer in Canada never adjusted for tariffs, so no net change.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Battery Swelling is a big problem for those of us who were early purchasers of Mavic 2. This is a common problem with early production runs and is NOT covered under warranty. The problem is that the batteries take over 90% useable charge, but the swelling compromises the lock system holding the battery in place. DJI is aware of the problem but will not recall or replace the defective run of batteries.
I, for one, will not risk an early purchase of a DJI product again simply due to the risk of a latent manufacturing defect realized after warranty period. We will soon see a flood of posts from everyone who have Mavic 2 batteries manufactured in August 2018 and perhaps later months too.

Battery Swelling is a big problem for those of us who were early purchasers of Mavic 2. This is a common problem with early production runs and is NOT covered under warranty. The problem is that the batteries take over 90% useable charge, but the swelling compromises the lock system holding the battery in place. DJI is aware of the problem but will not recall or replace the defective run of batteries.
I, for one, will not risk an early purchase of a DJI product again simply due to the risk of a latent manufacturing defect realized after warranty period. We will soon see a flood of posts from everyone who have Mavic 2 batteries manufactured in August 2018 and perhaps later months too.

There have been plenty of reports of people getting their batteries replaced. Not all early buyers are having issues. Bought mine in August 2018 and all four batteries are fine.

What issues are there on the M2, I have had it since oct 2018 and it has been flawless.

Enjoy it, s very capable drone. Who knows when the M3 comes out and how long it will have issues. It took DJI quite awhile to fix things on the M2 and some would say not all is yet fixed.

Bird in Hand!

What issues are there on the M2, I have had it since oct 2018 and it has been flawless.

It took until Sept of 2019 to fix the jerkiness in Waypoints using any software and to make side obstacle avoidance available in most modes. There were several other fixes in that firmware update that was over year after release. AEB steps too small at .07 of a stop. They still haven't and can't fix the pixel binning that limits the sharpness of 4k video.

If none of those impacted you then it was flawless for you, it was not for me. But it is certainly much better now. I really enjoy mine but I won't say it is flawless; don't think any drone is.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots