DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting arrested. But found a cool spot

Doesn't matter. I took off from public street desk sgt told them they had to release me and they did as soon as I got there.
Very glad you were released quickly!! We can fly in our city parks, but we cannot take off or land on any public street. Reason: it can/would be a distraction to motorists driving on that street and result in an accident. I have to agree with that.

Sorry, but being a retired LE from another city in the same metro complex as Chandler I call BS on this whole story. Too many issues in this story that do not match the way LE handles these types of situations in this area and many other parts of the country for that matter. To list them here would take much more space than is available but following the police to the station is the first clue. Booking is the second. Cite and release at the scene and if they were not sure of the charge or if they could charge they would have called a field supervisor to the scene. That is just for starters. LE does not "book" for a civil violation. We don't "arrest" for a civil violation. Oh, and desk sergeants are found in NYC, not Chandler, Phoenix, Tempe, Glendale, and on and on.

The OP is a good story teller and that is about it.

Sorry, but being a retired LE from another city in the same metro complex as Chandler I call BS on this whole story. Too many issues in this story that do not match the way LE handles these types of situations in this area and many other parts of the country for that matter. To list them here would take much more space than is available but following the police to the station is the first clue. Booking is the second. Cite and release at the scene and if they were not sure of the charge or if they could charge they would have called a field supervisor to the scene. That is just for starters. LE does not "book" for a civil violation. We don't "arrest" for a civil violation. Oh, and desk sergeants are found in NYC, not Chandler, Phoenix, Tempe, Glendale, and on and on.

The OP is a good story teller and that is about it.
Seems questionable to me too, but if I am ever arrested, I hope I can keep his positive attitude: “hey guys! Gettin’ cuffed! But check out this sweet sunset I just shot! PS plz call lawyer and ‘Gram this pic”

Reactions: Eagle Jr and CAG
So I am in a parking lot as we speak. Taking video of an airplane that is like a memorial but no one is around. No airports and they are trying to figure if they want to arrest me for trespassing or wrote a ticket because I have a service animal.

This is public property owned by the state. So now let's see what happens. They are coming back. I'll fill u guys in when this is overView attachment 72120View attachment 72121View attachment 72122
It's called a " STATIC DISPLAY"

Read through this thread like a good short story .. you gotta love the ending ;)

'alls well that ends well'

Didn’t fly them. Engineering training. Australia flew them in Vietnam. They were retired when I got my hands on them. I have flown in the backseat as we had a couple still flying back in the 80s

there was also a heated discussion when I arrived when they removed me from my service dogs I have epilepsy so there was a bunch of this and that. But I was there maybe 10 min

How are you able to drive with your condition? I have a friend that they won’t let drive because of it. I mean if you had a seizure while driving I would think that could be dangerous.

Reactions: BigAl07
What happened to the other thread about a guy that got arrested after refusing to show ID? It was pretty active - up to 6 pages - and then vanished. This is the closest thing I could find. Did the mods just delete that much content?

Reactions: Brandaloo
What happened to the other thread about a guy that got arrested after refusing to show ID? It was pretty active - up to 6 pages - and then vanished. This is the closest thing I could find. Did the mods just delete that much content?

That thread got completely out of hand and several members let their emotions get away. Several posts were deleted and warnings/bans were issued. After reading through the thread it was complete garbage and was withdrawn from the forum.

Yes, thank you. My apologies for hijacking this thread. When I received the latest email notification for the other thread, the link was broken and I couldn't find it in my history. I assumed it had been scrubbed. Thanks for finding it for me.

The thread you're looking for is no longer available. Here is the name of the thread in question:

Arrested for flying a Mavic air in park and not giving my identification last week

Reactions: Shon
That thread got completely out of hand and several members let their emotions get away. Several posts were deleted and warnings/bans were issued. After reading through the thread it was complete garbage and was withdrawn from the forum.

That's unfortunate. One man's garbage is another's treasure. I enjoyed the discussions and felt many of the posts were relevant, and insightful. I also invested time and effort reading and contributing - all for naught. Obilviously this is a private board with rules and the mods are entitled to enforce them as they see fit. I will keep that in mind when contributing my perspective and investing my time.

Reactions: Brandaloo
That's unfortunate. One man's garbage is another's treasure. I enjoyed the discussions and felt many of the posts were relevant, and insightful. I also invested time and effort reading and contributing - all for naught. Obilviously this is a private board with rules and the mods are entitled to enforce them as they see fit. I will keep that in mind when contributing my perspective and investing my time.

Anytime a post becomes disruptive and spirals into the ditches it gets closed and sometimes (like in this case) deleted.

If you have any issue or problem with moderation please send me a message in PM so we can discuss it and not derail another thread.

Sincerely,
Allen

Reactions: Shon
Travelling in Scotland, UK at the moment. Flying my Mavic Pro wherever the 'no drone' signs aren't and the weather allows. Only seen two 'no drone' locations, both heavy tourist traffic locations, one in built up areas so not unreasonable. One site allowed drones before or after their open hours which is great as the best lighting is just after dawn and just before sunset. Weather is a bigger factor here than 'No Drone' zones. Wind and rain have cancelled more flights than no drone signs. You'll overhear people complain about the drones overhead, but funny thing, the motorcycles screaming down the narrow twisting roads make more noise than any drone and they don't complain about those.

No laws broken that I can surmise. Trespassing on public property, Wow! They need to meet their quota for the week, and drum up some business.

Jeff
Agreed. Public property is just that and real estate laws protect u all the way into one universe. Except for drone rule 400ft agl.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661