DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting DJI Goggles screen into focus for anyone needing reading glasses

I have removed the lenses from a
With a 1.25 power, you should probably go with 3.5 power lenses: Amazon.com: 3-pack Eyekepper Readers Rectangular Spring Temple Large Metal Reading Glasses Men +3.5: Health & Personal Care

Just be sure to pop out the lenses and attach them directly to the rim of your goggles. I used a high tack double sided tape on the top and bottom edge of the goggle rim - hot glue will not stick to the black silicone rim of the goggles.

Did the same but only used scotch tape.

My 2 cents:

I am 58 years old. When reading a book, I use reading glasses with 3 power lenses. In order to see the display in the goggles clearly I now use new reading glasses with 6,25 power lenses. Yes, 6,25!!!

If I use these new glasses to read a book, the distance between eyes and book must be 18-20 cm, i.e. 5-6 inches for the print to be clear. That means the distance your eyes need to focus inside the goggles is the same, 5 - 6 inches (no matter how far or big the screen "appears" to be).

Anyone who is not able to clearly read a book at this very short distance of 5-6 inches will need glasses in order to use the goggles. That means, even people who do not usually use reading glasses (because normal reading distance is around 30-35 cm) might need them for the goggles.

This is of course very annoying and - as stated many times before - a design flaw of the goggles. They should either allow focussing at a more normal reading distance or come with a means to adjust for different eyesights, like any binocular most camera seekers.

For someone who requires reading glasses, everything short of a couple feet will be out of focus. The closer you are to any object the more you need readers - that much more when that object is 1" away. Even wearing 3.25 strength is still not quite in focus and way too much hassle to have to constantly switch out readers.
Has anyone tried purchasing Stick on diopters from HYDROTAC-OPTYX 20/20? They work on glasses and Scuba dive masks.

Here you go.
Optx 20/20 Reading Glasses

For me personally I cannot understand why DJI did not add the functionality of moving the lenses when they have plenty of room in the housing to do so. The idea is not to have to use glasses just like any EVF on a camera and other similar designed devices. The feature set is amazing and yet they overlooked the most fundamental of all features, FOCUS. For 500.00 we should not have to use magnification glasses.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne