DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting DJI Refresh for a used drone?

Reactions
Has anyone jumped through these enormous loops and then paid the money to get DJI Refresh on a used drone purchase? Mine works great, and I'd really like to have some insurance if it takes a dive at the lake or flies away in the mountains.

... I'd really like to have some insurance if it takes a dive at the lake or flies away in the mountains.

Unfortunately, neither of your scenarios will work with Refresh unless it is recovered. They require that you send in the wreck before they will repair or replace.

To answer your question, I have not made the required video. Perhaps there is a private insurance carrier that would cover it.

You can take out a Personal Article Policy through State Farm Insurance that will cover the cost of the aircraft and any accessories. These policies are very cheap and easy to get, the only “hoops to jump through” would be providing proof of purchase in some form. They also will cover the loss on fly aways and water loss without physically being able to recover the aircraft. I have one of these policies myself at a cost of sixty dollars a year. A lot of people on here have this exact same policy on their aircraft. You can search the site and find much information on such policies both pros and cons.

Reactions: Wanbli
You can take out a Personal Article Policy through State Farm Insurance that will cover the cost of the aircraft and any accessories. These policies are very cheap and easy to get, the only “hoops to jump through” would be providing proof of purchase in some form. They also will cover the loss on fly aways and water loss without physically being able to recover the aircraft. I have one of these policies myself at a cost of sixty dollars a year. A lot of people on here have this exact same policy on their aircraft. You can search the site and find much information on such policies both pros and cons.
An Allstate policy costs a bit over 75.00 yearly here in NW Illinois.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580