DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting images from smart controller to other devices.

Searat290

Reactions
Here is my first question for this forum, and if it has been discussed, please send me in that direction.
How do I get images and video from the smart controller to other devices such as an iPad or phone? I imagine that pulling the card would be a way to transfer them to my laptop, but don’t have the high speed cards required yet. I was able to export images by Bluetooth, but that was slow and would really be slow to move a high resolution video. (If I’m wrong about that then that’s another question. Lol) I was expecting to be able to transfer them by high speed WiFi directly, but have only seen doing that through an app such as Facebook. Not a fan of social media, but if that is necessary I will step up.
Thanks for any help.[emoji851]

Here is my first question for this forum, and if it has been discussed, please send me in that direction.
How do I get images and video from the smart controller to other devices such as an iPad or phone? I imagine that pulling the card would be a way to transfer them to my laptop, but don’t have the high speed cards required yet. I was able to export images by Bluetooth, but that was slow and would really be slow to move a high resolution video. (If I’m wrong about that then that’s another question. Lol) I was expecting to be able to transfer them by high speed WiFi directly, but have only seen doing that through an app such as Facebook. Not a fan of social media, but if that is necessary I will step up.

You can use the usb to connect the SC to your computer or laptop. But being an Android device, when first hooked up, it goes into CHARGE only mode. You have to either swipe down or review the SC's notifications and TAP the notice and it then offers some additional choices including share files or whatever. Select that. And sometimes, being obstinate, I have to do that selection a second time.

I installed Dropbox on the controller but didnt realize i could use Go share. It seemed like more of a social media thing but now ill take a look at it.

I installed Dropbox on the controller but didnt realize i could use Go share. It seemed like more of a social media thing but now ill take a look at it.

Yeah, sometimes I feel like DJI gave up on making detailed instructions covering all the topics and decided they want their users to be explorers both in the sky and in their product options. [emoji23]
Good thing we have each other. [emoji41]

Yeah, sometimes I feel like DJI gave up on making detailed instructions covering all the topics and decided they want their users to be explorers both in the sky and in their product options. [emoji23]
Good thing we have each other. [emoji41]
No Kidding, I had to dig into it myself to find out how to do a precision landing with the Zoom. Its still not an option in Go4 and even though it works there is no confirmation that precision landing has been recorded. You just go through the process and hope it works. Youd think that when they finally released an update to the Mavic 2 to include precision landings they would have updated GO4 at the same time. Im lovn the Mavic2 and the Smart Controller but im not impressed at all with DJI

I hope this helps...

Prerequisites for using Precision Landing
In order to use Precision Landing on the Mavic 2, you’ll need to install firmware version 1.00.02.00 (or higher). Follow these instructions to update the firmware using DJI GO or the DJI Assistant 2 application. You should also install the current version of DJI GO 4 from the app store on your mobile device.

4) Wait for the home point to be set.
If the Mavic has a good GPS signal, the home point should be automatically marked after the motors have been started. Check the map in DJI GO to ensure the “H” symbol is marked in the correct location.

5) Ascend straight up when taking off.
When taking off, it’s important to ascend straight up above the home point for at least 23 feet (7 meters) before moving the Mavic in any direction horizontally. That will allow the Mavic to properly record the takeoff location. There is no need to hover in place after the Mavic has ascended to at least 23 feet (the takeoff point has already been recorded at this point).

For me personally best way is "Go Share" option via direct wifi connection between SC and smartphone.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

this is how I do it however I have to scan the QR code every time, is this normal or am I doing something wrong. I have a M2P if that makes a difference

I was able to send it to my Mac with Bluetooth.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imMike507