DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting photos off the Mavic 2

rfc

Reactions
I flew forgetting to put the SD card in the bird. I thought I read that it will save images on board if there's no SD card. Haven't yet connecting the bird to DJI Assistant2, but is that the easiest way to get the images downloaded? Can @BudWalker's ftp trick work to get images down? Thanks in advance for advice.

I just plug the Mavic 2 Pro into my laptop and then open up the storage location and then just drag the photos into the folder on my laptop.

I just plug the Mavic 2 Pro into my laptop and then open up the storage location and then just drag the photos into the folder on my laptop.
Duh. Never thought of that. I tried it, and unfortunately the images I took today are not there.
There's a setting I recall somewhere that chooses to record to the SD card or internally. If it's set to SD card, and there IS no SD card on board, will it NOT record the images at all?

Probably... surprised it didn't display a warning saying no SD Card in slot.

Probably... surprised it didn't display a warning saying no SD Card in slot.
It did, lol! I just never thought to would just NOT record because of that. If that's the case, lesson learned.

yeah..that would suck. You won't make that mistake again.
So I put the SD card back in and got a popup asking if I wanted to change to the SD card. Said yes.
Then shut down the bird; removed the card; restarted; got the same popup, but asking if I wanted to switch to internal. I must have gotten that before but simply don't remember if I said "switch" or cancel.

At any rate, I'd be happy with the low-res version on my CrystalSky, but can't for the life of me figure out how to get them transferred to the SD card. I see them in "Album", but when I click the "download" symbol, it puts them somewhere on the CS in "mnt/...." Don't know enough about Android to figure this out. I also can "share" them a gazillion different ways, but just want the stupid files.

there is also another setting where you can have photos you take with the Mavic and have them downloaded into your phone. I have that set up on mine.

I finally gave up trying to find them on the CS and copying them to the SD card in the CS. I logged into Skypixel and downloaded the low-res versions from there. Go figure. Too much to know; too little time.

Does the Crystalsky show internal storage when connected to a PC? That's usually how Androids work. I know it's not a full Android, but it is using the base Android OS.

Does the Crystalsky show internal storage when connected to a PC? That's usually how Androids work. I know it's not a full Android, but it is using the base Android OS.
Don't know. I have never tried to connect the CS to another computer. Would one do that with an OTG USB cable? I'd try that if I were confident I wouldn't blow anything up.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52