DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting Rid of That Annoying “beep beep” Sound During RTH (and maybe some other situations)

JAW

Did I Just Back Into That Tree?
Reactions
I can’t test this myself because I’m not home, but I saw a YouTube video where the poster said if you momentarily press the power button, the beeps will immediately stop.
Has anyone confirmed this?

Well this is fantastic news! It’s the small little annoyances like that incessant beeping that drive me bonkers. In fact, I have only used return to home 2 times; first time was to check it out see how well it worked and it worked great BUT that beeping prompted me to only use it in situations of absolute necessity. The second time I activated it was for a situation of necessity as I mentioned above. My boys were playing in the garage and a heard a loud crash and one of them screaming and crying so I initiated a RTH put the controller down and ( I have a wide open 2 acre area I use as my “Mavic Zone” so I knew it would be fine ) went running to see what happened.
Everything was fine including the Mavic, but a situation like that is what it takes for me to use return home because I can’t stand the beep beep beep beep beep beep ?

I can’t test this myself because I’m not home, but I saw a YouTube video where the poster said if you momentarily press the power button, the beeps will immediately stop.
Has anyone confirmed this?
It will as long as you are not running low on battery. Otherwise it will not silence it.

Reactions: JAW
Yep fly home and land manually whenever possible. Otherwise, if you don't mind opening the RC up you can put some Blu-Tack or similar in the speaker hole. This makes it much quieter without completely muting it. I find that to be the perfect solution.

I ran it and all worked, than wanted to go back to Factory, so reflashed FW couple of times and even downgraded in assistant, and sound is still gone, cant get sound back

Pressing the power button works on a manually triggered RTH.
It wont silence a low battery alarm or smart RTH.
This power button trick doesn’t work for me to silence the RC. Does it matter if the manually triggered RTH was done via the RC button or the soft button in the Go app?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead