DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ghost Towns & Mines: Goldome Mill, CA 2019

Ray Dunakin

Reactions
In this video I visit the Goldome Mine and Mill, a modern abandoned mining facility in the Mojave desert.

The mill buildings have been badly vandalized. I had to use creative camera angles to minimize the extensive graffiti, and also retouched some shots. I refuse to give vandals the attention they crave.

This is the sixteenth in a series of videos from my 2019 trip, where I explored old mines, mining camps, ghost towns and other historic sites in Nevada and the Mojave desert.

Music:

“Western Background 4” by CineMedia

Reactions: GradyM and Twocalf
In this video I visit the Goldome Mine and Mill, a modern abandoned mining facility in the Mojave desert.

The mill buildings have been badly vandalized. I had to use creative camera angles to minimize the extensive graffiti, and also retouched some shots. I refuse to give vandals the attention they crave.

This is the sixteenth in a series of videos from my 2019 trip, where I explored old mines, mining camps, ghost towns and other historic sites in Nevada and the Mojave desert.

Music:

“Western Background 4” by CineMedia

Great job Ray! Very cool of you to use an effect to blur the graffiti material. I believe that Vanderbilt Gold Company was one of the last operators of the mine and mill. I think they broke their pick around 2000. Will you be making any more old mine trips this year or will you wait until spring?

Reactions: Ray Dunakin
Great job Ray! Very cool of you to use an effect to blur the graffiti material. I believe that Vanderbilt Gold Company was one of the last operators of the mine and mill. I think they broke their pick around 2000. Will you be making any more old mine trips this year or will you wait until spring?

Thanks. So far it doesn't look like I'll be able to make any trips before the end of the year, at least.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000