DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Cover Hack?

chris1dj

Reactions
Hi All,

New hear and still fairly new to drones - had a P4P for a while but hardly used it and sold it to get the M2P.

So, my biggest and only gripe so far with the 2 Pro is how awkward it is to put the camera/gimbal protector back on.

This morning I had an idea - I carefully pulled the camera clamp out of the main dome cover and this makes the whole process of attaching/removal much quicker and easier. The camera/gimbal can hardly move within the cover so theres still appears to be a good degree of protection. I also worry that I'll actually damage the gimbal at some point with that awkward clamp!

Just wondered what other peoples thoughts are on this - Im reluctant to take it out until I've had some second opinions.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Former Member
If you’re going to leave it stored on a shelf and simply trying to protect it from an occasional bump I’d you are fine however if you were going to transport it, I would want as much protection as possible. The cover lacks rearward mobility protection So in my opinion, it needs protection added not removed.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian