DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal cover with ND16 filtering built in

Sounds like you care about the quality of your photos and videos. Don’t stop now, order a proper ND filter that you attach to the camera lens.

Reactions: Robert Mitchell
I wouldn’t bother if I were you. I purchased the Neewer version like that which your link points to. Here are my views:

1. For starters the plastic is cheap
2. On a few occasions the damnthing fell off, luckily for me this was in my garden and was easy to recover.
3. Take what Q-Vision said above, the cover is just plastic and not optical glass in any shape or form.
4. The image quality for me was poor, not once did I get a great video or photo from its use.
5. Somehow, most of my videos and photos had what appeared to be a hair in the image. In videos this materialised as a flickering thin shadow on the left side of the video. While on photos it looked like a thin hair with a drop shadow and was located diagonally from the bottom left to the centre of the photo.
6. I noticed mainly on photos an area which looked like a blurred spot possibly caused by a finger print. This was constantly in the same place in all my photos and no matter how much I cleaned the lens it still remained.
7. And finally, not one to throw anything away, I thought I could return it for a new one, however, when out one day I crushed it in my photo carry case.

C’EST LA VIE

Suffice to say I couldn’t keep any of the images as they were nasty looking to my eye. But what I did do is I purchased these Neewer ND Filters and here lays another story which will take up to much of your times.

But to give you a clue, the actual lens fell out of the filter ring on most of the **** things.
https://is.gd/TzlEo0

I didn't think it would be very good, good to know. Guess I will get a ND filter set of the best quality I can afford. Prices vary quite a bit from $30 to $150.

I wouldn’t bother if I were you. I purchased the Neewer version like that which your link points to. Here are my views:

1. For starters the plastic is cheap
2. On a few occasions the damnthing fell off, luckily for me this was in my garden and was easy to recover.
3. Take what Q-Vision said above, the cover is just plastic and not optical glass in any shape or form.
4. The image quality for me was poor, not once did I get a great video or photo from its use.
5. Somehow, most of my videos and photos had what appeared to be a hair in the image. In videos this materialised as a flickering thin shadow on the left side of the video. While on photos it looked like a thin hair with a drop shadow and was located diagonally from the bottom left to the centre of the photo.
6. I noticed mainly on photos an area which looked like a blurred spot possibly caused by a finger print. This was constantly in the same place in all my photos and no matter how much I cleaned the lens it still remained.
7. And finally, not one to throw anything away, I thought I could return it for a new one, however, when out one day I crushed it in my photo carry case.

C’EST LA VIE

Suffice to say I couldn’t keep any of the images as they were nasty looking to my eye. But what I did do is I purchased these Neewer ND Filters and here lays another story which will take up to much of your times.

But to give you a clue, the actual lens fell out of the filter ring on most of the **** things.
https://is.gd/TzlEo0
But putting all of that aside, it sounds like you really like it! [JK!]. Good info, thanks for sharing.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renevista