DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Detachment

Gubernator

Reactions
While flying in Switzerland a week ago the image I was viewing on my iPad became distorted and was a mass of mixed colours.

Landing my Mavic I discovered that my gimbal and camera had become detached from the craft. On further examination I noticed that a rubber attachment was missing. I assumed that this must have broken and placed extra strain on the other mountings which became detached.

I phoned DJI who have requested I send my Mavic to them as it is still under warranty.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I did find one item on the intertubes where the user said they thought I high gust of wind caused their gimbal to become detached.

Last edited:
Please upload your attachment again. We cannot see it.

I did find one item on the intertubes where the user said they thought I high gust of wind caused their gimbal to become detached.

I have repaired hundreds of Mavics, and have never seen or heard of a gimbal becoming detached due to high wind. Your rubber band (or bands) was probably broken or detached before you took off, and was only apparent after you started flying. They usually become detached after a crash or drop.

Last edited:
Reactions: MichiganMavic
I have not had a crash with the Mavic but a few months ago one of my dogs head butted the thing when I was landing. Not sure if this might have been the root cause, though I have had many flights since then.

We’ll have to add dog head butts to crash and drops[emoji6].
As small as the gimbal and attaching bands are, they’re very fragile.

I have not had a crash with the Mavic but a few months ago one of my dogs head butted the thing when I was landing. Not sure if this might have been the root cause, though I have had many flights since then.

Dog = 1
Mavic = 0

It probably dislodged one of the rubber bands and then on this flight it just came out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy007