DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal dial now turns drone

Reactions
hi all,

My Mavic Air controller has stopped moving the drone left and right or yawing (dependent on controller mode set). Just randomly started doing it. No damage no drop. All firmware reset and updated.

Manual read multiple times.
Batteries fully charged.
All sensors calibrated gain exp IMU compass etc.

In the calibrate controller I can’t see the left and right axis moving with the right stick. BUT if I scroll the gimbal dial it moves that axis???

I’m pretty good with computers and drones and I think I’ve researched looked and tried everything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Hello sent my Mavic Air and controller back repair £152 but free under warranty.

So no one else has heard of this??? Seriously?

I have just experienced this with almost embarrassing results while filming an event Saturday. My gimbal dial no longer controls the up and down camera movement but controls left and right movement of the drone instead.
The gimbal dial functions as it should (camera tilts up and down) when the drone is grounded.

Reactions: Tiago_Wolf
I have just experienced this with almost embarrassing results while filming an event Saturday. My gimbal dial no longer controls the up and down camera movement but controls left and right movement of the drone instead.
The gimbal dial functions as it should (camera tilts up and down) when the drone is grounded.

Image1539866834.272614.jpg

After attempting to recalibrate my gimbal wheel, it shows the wheel to be controlling lateral movement of the drone.

Reactions: Tiago_Wolf
Heyyyy! I search for this criteria and Found your post!

It's happening the same with my Mavic Air!

When I jog the dial so the camera tilt up or down the sucker goes left / right!
(Both sticks still work though)

It also messes the video when I'm doing a tilt reveal shot as the bird goes sideways not Keep a straight line trajectory...

I've had some "inconsistent firmware found" alerts but it updates, aks to reboot but still happens again later.

Did you solve your problem only through assistance?
Is this a problem with the remote?

Cheers

hi all,

My Mavic Air controller has stopped moving the drone left and right or yawing (dependent on controller mode set). Just randomly started doing it. No damage no drop. All firmware reset and updated.

Manual read multiple times.
Batteries fully charged.
All sensors calibrated gain exp IMU compass etc.

In the calibrate controller I can’t see the left and right axis moving with the right stick. BUT if I scroll the gimbal dial it moves that axis???

I’m pretty good with computers and drones and I think I’ve researched looked and tried everything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt
I know this is super late but I managed to fix this if you haven't yet.

I know this is super late but I managed to fix this if you haven't yet.
So what have you done?

Mine was at it again. It does this randomly so it appears..

Again on a simple tilt reveal shot it goes up and sideways....

Hi, I have a similar problem. But my drone turn the shutter up and down in stead of the camera when I turn the gimbal wheel. Do any one knows how to fix that bug?

Hi, I have a similar problem. But my drone turn the shutter up and down in stead of the camera when I turn the gimbal wheel. Do any one knows how to fix that bug?

Are you flying a Mavic Air?

Thats seems to be something that can be altered on the Mavic Pro

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000