DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal disconnect bug in updated DJI GO app for iPhone 7+ and maybe 7,8,8+

yjamesy

Reactions
Just a quick summary but I updated the DJI GO app and firmware to the latest. Was about to fly it out for sunrise but couldn't figured out why it said Gimbal Disconnected.

Luckily had a iPhone 6 with me and before you ask I've tried all of the below.

Format SD card from app and computer
Change cable
Use the USB to iPhone cord
Deleted DJI go App
Restarted phone
Restarted drone
Changed battery on drone

Here is a quick video of the issue I'm facing. If anyone has a solution that would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Dizzy1971
Interesting. I just updated to 4.000 as well. Iphone 7+ and I also got the gimbal disconnected message. I just restarted everything and was fine.

That is so weird. I updated iOS, DJI Go, and firmware yesterday and had no issues whatsoever. Only thing I noticed is my live video feed seemed to be “jittery” compared to before. Have you tried re-installing the firmware and then doing all your calibrations?

Oh and I also noticed that there seems to be way more contrast and white wash on the photos and video compared to before. I’m going to fly through a few more tests but I may end up reverting back to 0800

I deleted and reinstalled the DJI app and things seem to be working okay. I will continue to monitor things. I wonder how much Apple iOS11 is to blame

Just a quick summary but I updated the DJI GO app and firmware to the latest. Was about to fly it out for sunrise but couldn't figured out why it said Gimbal Disconnected.

Luckily had a iPhone 6 with me and before you ask I've tried all of the below.

Format SD card from app and computer
Change cable
Use the USB to iPhone cord
Deleted DJI go App
Restarted phone
Restarted drone
Changed battery on drone

Here is a quick video of the issue I'm facing. If anyone has a solution that would be greatly appreciated.

I have the exact same issue but just started yesterday .

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13