DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal energised after turning off

AnzacJack

Australian Defence Veteran
Reactions
First flight down. I’m impressed. Flew very nicely and everything did what it should. I did notice something I have not seen before. When I shut all down and went to replace covers, it seemed that the gimbal was still “energised”. It wasn’t moving but seemed locked in neutral position. I powered everything up again and all was fine, but still same result when I shut down. Is this normal ?

It does have a clamp but this certainly makes it easy to put the supplied clamp on. Nice addition I wasn’t aware of

the mini 3 is even worse. great clamp when its on, but getting the gimbal in the right position is a real PIA

First flight down. I’m impressed. Flew very nicely and everything did what it should. I did notice something I have not seen before. When I shut all down and went to replace covers, it seemed that the gimbal was still “energised”. It wasn’t moving but seemed locked in neutral position. I powered everything up again and all was fine, but still same result when I shut down. Is this normal ?
This is completely normal on the M3 and one of the features touted on its release.

As opposed to the PIA gimbal clamp for the M2Pro.
Actually, that was one of the easiest to put on, if done correctly. There is a YT video on how to do it in under 5 seconds by a German guy. I didn’t believe it either, until I asked him to prove it. It works. Search for it on the forum. The link should still be there.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldBlueHeron
One other suggestion that I would give is to remove the battery from the drone when you are transporting it. I have had my Mavic 3 turn on in its case in a backpack while hiking to a flying location because the strap that secures the gimbal bra wraps around the battery and over its button.

Chris

One other suggestion that I would give is to remove the battery from the drone when you are transporting it. I have had my Mavic 3 turn on in its case in a backpack while hiking to a flying location because the strap that secures the gimbal bra wraps around the battery and over its button.

Chris
I assume you mean solely inside it's bra, rather than inside its bra inside a case in the backpack? If you store it loosely in a backpack with only the bra gimbal guard around it, pressure from other pointy objects in the backpack could manage to replicate the power up routine on the small button, especially during hiking. However, inside any fitted case, where there is a flat fitted surface behind the bra cover, that should not be an issue. Hasn't been for me, anyway.

I assume you mean solely inside it's bra, rather than inside its bra inside a case in the backpack? If you store it loosely in a backpack with only the bra gimbal guard around it, pressure from other pointy objects in the backpack could manage to replicate the power up routine on the small button, especially during hiking. However, inside any fitted case, where there is a flat fitted surface behind the bra cover, that should not be an issue. Hasn't been for me, anyway.
It was inside the case in the attached picture which was inside a backpack. The drone was not loose in the backpack. The case is form fitted to the Mavic 3. I have these modular cases for my drone, RC Pro, and RC-N1. They allow me to re-configure my setup depending on where I am going.

Chris

27A92C99-BDBC-459F-B121-B473CD6E68CD.jpeg

Reactions: Debaser_AZ
It's like on the Osmo Pocket, it also keeps the gimbal energised for a while to help putting it in the case. It turns off afterwards of course.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke