DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal freezes at startup

Reverup

Reactions
Need advice for Mavic Pro Gimbal. I just replaced the gimbal anti-vibration plate. On startup the gimbal "flips" once and freezes backwards facing up to the right. Two messages are received: "Gimbal overload" and "check if the gimbal clamp is removed."

I removed the gimbal plate again to re-inspect the cables looking for pinches etc. and I re-connected the 4 ribbon cables and the gimbal power cord. No change. Note: The camera was working normally.

I understand that the gimbal will not work at all if the connecting ribbon is damaged, is this correct?
What am I missing? Any ideas?

Need advice for Mavic Pro Gimbal. I just replaced the gimbal anti-vibration plate. On startup the gimbal "flips" once and freezes backwards facing up to the right. Two messages are received: "Gimbal overload" and "check if the gimbal clamp is removed."

I removed the gimbal plate again to re-inspect the cables looking for pinches etc. and I re-connected the 4 ribbon cables and the gimbal power cord. No change. Note: The camera was working normally.

I understand that the gimbal will not work at all if the connecting ribbon is damaged, is this correct?
What am I missing? Any ideas?
That ribbon has a lot going on so if a small part is broken, you might not be able to see it. Replacement is a bit daunting (and tedious) but doable for $15ish. Good luck.

Moose... No filters on the camera.
Lowell... Hopefully the ribbon is the only problem, and not a bent pin in the chip board. Thanks.
In the end I might have to buy the whole gimbal with a ribbon attached.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanManNYC