DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

gimbal gone crazy

Dan L Lawson

Reactions
I attempted to fly my Mavic Pro platinum today and the gimbal is going crazy just spinning all around in different directions. I can't calibrate it or anything can I get some help? this just happened all of a sudden. I haven't flown in quite a while drone has been packed up.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! Your problem is that it's packed up! If you don't use it, then you lose it!
These machines need to fly! Batteries only last so long! Get that beast out there!
Just be sure to update where needed!
Happy flying!

I've had my gimbal go nutz a few times but usually mid flight. It's like a gimbal reset. I usually just stop in mid air and so far it has always stopped after a few seconds then I can continue back home. Once it did it on the landing pad prior to take off. Can't really say it's been resolved because like you I've been out of action for a while. A few have claimed it might be the SD card:

I attempted to fly my Mavic Pro platinum today and the gimbal is going crazy just spinning all around in different directions. I can't calibrate it or anything can I get some help? this just happened all of a sudden. I haven't flown in quite a while drone has been packed up.
i have several dji drones and have that happen to just one my mpp,it doesn’t happen very often actually it very rarely happens,i’ve found if you just stop don’t move an inch and it will recover.

Sounds like the gimbal ribbon cable has died or the SD card. My Mavic Pro has had the same problem with different causes. The gimbal ribbon cable is a known weak point on these birds. However, I also had a "bad" SD card cause gimbal problems. Try the SD card first. If it's not the card I'd bet the ribbon cable is kaput.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ADK Dragonfly