DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal help please!

ttollefson

Reactions
So I flew my drone one day and it went into a tree. Very unfortunate. The drone is fine but the gimbal is not. It keeps looking all the way down...then it restarts ams looks up and then goes back all the way down and repeats itself over and over.

The gimbal says gimbal motor overload and a firmware update is required. Would the update fix it? I don't see any broken or pinched ribbons

8de46a1ad2cecea5a6e3fc52f387ef68.jpg
461041d72baa0571068214d06cacc558.jpg

On the top picture it goes all the way back. On the bottom I see it doesn't go as far forward. Is this normal?

I'm having a hard time seeing the ribbon in these pics. At least where the connection points are. If they're firmly attached you might be ok. Have you tried the Firmware update? @Thunder-drones or several other members here may have a better answer for you.

Edit: I know your issue is different. But here is a video of how the ribbons look under a microscope. Hope it helps

Last edited:
So I flew my drone one day and it went into a tree. Very unfortunate. The drone is fine but the gimbal is not. It keeps looking all the way down...then it restarts ams looks up and then goes back all the way down and repeats itself over and over.

The gimbal says gimbal motor overload and a firmware update is required. Would the update fix it? I don't see any broken or pinched ribbons
You flew into a tree on your first flight... ? Stupid question.... ? Is this your first RC craft ?

Sounds very similar to what happened to mine. Crashed and dropped about 4 feet to the ground. Had a broken prop but otherwise no obvious damage. I also had the gimbal cover on at the time and the gimbal and flex looked perfectly fine but on the next flight my gimbal cycles between all the way back and looking slightly forward with a gimbal overload error and a notice to update firmware. I did update, calibrated IMU, calibrated compass, but nothing fixed it. I dropped it off at UPS to head back to CA for an estimate. Wish I had purchased the Care Refresh on it.

-Rod

Sounds very similar to what happened to mine. Crashed and dropped about 4 feet to the ground. Had a broken prop but otherwise no obvious damage. I also had the gimbal cover on at the time and the gimbal and flex looked perfectly fine but on the next flight my gimbal cycles between all the way back and looking slightly forward with a gimbal overload error and a notice to update firmware. I did update, calibrated IMU, calibrated compass, but nothing fixed it. I dropped it off at UPS to head back to CA for an estimate. Wish I had purchased the Care Refresh on it.

-Rod
I just purchased the care refresh. I guess I'll have to send it in and hopefully get it back in a timely manner.

I just purchased the care refresh. I guess I'll have to send it in and hopefully get it back in a timely manner.

By "just purchased" do you mean since this occurred? If you look at the process to activate a post-sale Care Refresh, you need to go through several steps, including providing a video of the unit calibrating properly and the gimbal working properly.

-Rod

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stmavic