DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Horizon Unlevel/Shaking

Chrizk0

Reactions
Can someone help me determine if my gimbal has a horizon level problem. The gimbal tends to turn sideways when turning left or right especially with both sticks, it's almost always never level when turned. Also, not in this video but it sometimes shakes mid flight. Can anyone assist?

Dropbox - IMG_1478.MOV

Last edited:
Reactions: Mavic Schwa
I cant view the video, but have you checked the vibration board which the gimbal is attached to as there are 4 rubber bands on each corner of the vibration board or the bracket maybe cracked or there could also be damage to the L bracket at the rear of that board..
Have you crashed your Mavic?

I cant view the video, but have you checked the vibration board which the gimbal is attached to as there are 4 rubber bands on each corner of the vibration board or the bracket maybe cracked or there could also be damage to the L bracket at the rear of that board..
Have you crashed your Mavic?

Try now? Dropbox - IMG_1478.MOV

And no, I have never crashed the mavic yet.

Can someone help me determine if my gimbal has a horizon level problem. The gimbal tends to turn sideways when turning left or right especially with both sticks, it's almost always never level when turned. Also, not in this video but it sometimes shakes mid flight. Can anyone assist?

Dropbox - IMG_1478.MOV

Hey Chrizk0! I had a similar issue, I've noticed that centering the camera after startup, before takeoff I'd get less horizontal tilt. But if you let off the sticks when it's in flight it usually slowly corrects itself. And I think yours was doing the same. My suggestion would be to check for any signs of wear on the gimbal and gimbal assembly. If nothing perform a gimbal calibration on a predetermined level surface and then an IMU calibration to correct for any tilt the aircraft is over compensating for in flight.

If this still doesn't work, just turn your head you won't notice it after a while. It seemed to work for my mavic, I hope this works for yours!

BTW do you fly in FL? Those shots look eerily familiar to the flats/swamps in central FL.

Hey Chrizk0! I had a similar issue, I've noticed that centering the camera after startup, before takeoff I'd get less horizontal tilt. But if you let off the sticks when it's in flight it usually slowly corrects itself. And I think yours was doing the same. My suggestion would be to check for any signs of wear on the gimbal and gimbal assembly. If nothing perform a gimbal calibration on a predetermined level surface and then an IMU calibration to correct for any tilt the aircraft is over compensating for in flight.

If this still doesn't work, just turn your head you won't notice it after a while. It seemed to work for my mavic, I hope this works for yours!

BTW do you fly in FL? Those shots look eerily familiar to the flats/swamps in central FL.
Yes I live in south Florida.

I did all calibrations and it still does the same thing. Maybe it's a permanent gimbal issue

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS