DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal issues after the crash

danteuss88

Reactions
Hi guys, tl;dr I crashed my mavic, it swayed somehow near a building and I panicked and tried to stop it from crashing but it crashed nevertheless, anyway all seems fine except the gimbal won't move, says "motor overloaded" and "gimbal obstructed".

I don't quite remember was it below this (pic related) but I think it was because I can't put my gimbal holder in place because gimbal seems 2mm higher now after the crash.

I've attached the file, should it be behind this holder or like this?
But other than that, gimbal can't calibrate so I think it has some other problems as well.,,.., goddamnit.

anyway thanks in advance guys.

Attachments

• WP_20170509_15_10_36_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170509_15_10_36_Pro.jpg
    965.8 KB · Views: 82
The gimbal mount should be below this tab:

WP_20170509_15_10_36_Pro.jpg

Like this:

de1ce7916151b2293d33df89650c750c.jpg

Yes it should be under that L bracket. If you are getting gimbal obstructed messages, it could be a torn ribbon cable, a bad motor in your gimbal, or a bad gimbal board.

Are you getting video feed?

I am getting video feed. Any idea how to return this under the holder? I've tried but it doesn't seem physically possible to do so :D :(

Okay I've returned it below, by first tugging the whole plate a bit in the front then slipping it under, and now it sits where it should. However same error messages appear and gimbal calibration is stuck at 5% and gimbal is unresponsive..,,. :( Do you know how much is this gonna cost me? I'm in Europe.

DJI will probably replace the whole gimbal if you send it to the Netherlands. Might cost you $250 - $350 for the repair.

You might be able to find a local hobby shop that can do it for less.

Can you post a pic of the other side of the gimbal plate ( in the front)?

I am getting video feed. Any idea how to return this under the holder? I've tried but it doesn't seem physically possible to do so :D :(
Take it out of the front two clamps first, put the back one under, then the front two.

You can also jiggle the gimbal by hand to see if that gets it going.

*******, first I thought this very silent ticking sound was the gimbal motors trying to do something, but upon closer inspection it seems to be coming from below the battery somewhere? What could that be?.,,..,

*******, first I thought this very silent ticking sound was the gimbal motors trying to do something, but upon closer inspection it seems to be coming from below the battery somewhere? What could that be?.,,..,
That is your ultrasonic sensors most likely.

Hi guys, first thanks for your help and advice, second, I've found the problem. So I tried asking DJI customer service about the possibility of replacing ONLY the cable and not the entire gimbal and camera, however I got no coherent answer.

So I ask you, did it ever happen? I only know that my local store where I bought the drone can't replace only cable because they say that it doesn't exist as a separate part, only entire gimbal and camera for about 350€.

Lc0ESo3.jpg

So it seems that I have no choice that order the cable online for about $30 and somehow get it shipped to Europe and pay someone to install it...

You can also install it by your self... Be careful about metal cable...

Hi guys, first thanks for your help and advice, second, I've found the problem. So I tried asking DJI customer service about the possibility of replacing ONLY the cable and not the entire gimbal and camera, however I got no coherent answer.

So I ask you, did it ever happen? I only know that my local store where I bought the drone can't replace only cable because they say that it doesn't exist as a separate part, only entire gimbal and camera for about 350€.

Lc0ESo3.jpg

So it seems that I have no choice that order the cable online for about $30 and somehow get it shipped to Europe and pay someone to install it...
hi did

Lc0ESo3.jpg

hi did repair your drone by yourself cuz i have exactly the same issue than you

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven