DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal leveling in Follow Mode problem, new update 01.00.0340

AaronkinSkywlkr

Reactions
Hello Pilots,

Updated my MA2 today and took it out to test the new features. I fly Mode 1 controls. I switch between Follow mode and FPV mode often. With this new update, I noticed that the gimbal camera roll rolls with the yaw instead of the L/R roll now (speaking in FPV mode, of course). I like it and I don't like it, though it does feel a little more natural.

However, I've noticed that when I switch back to Follow mode, the gimbal still rolled - this was after powering off to switch a battery, then putting it back in the air, until going back into the settings to switch to FPV then back to Follow. It's happened a couple, maybe a few times this afternoon.

Also noticing that when that does happen in Follow mode, the gimbal doesn't level straight, so the horizon is leaned on whichever way the most recent yaw was, just by a few degrees, but it's annoyingly noticeable.

Anyone else having this problem? If I'm missing the solution in another thread, please link me to that.

Thanks in advance. Happy flying.
A

See this post

When you swapped batts between flights, did you also close the Fly App and then open it again for the next flight? If not, you may want to try that next time, and see if this issue persists.

See this post

I think the OP is not talking about the rolling action by the craft when rudder is applied but the gimbal being unable to stay level in follow mode.

.... Also noticing that when that does happen in Follow mode, the gimbal doesn't level straight, so the horizon is leaned on whichever way the most recent yaw was, just by a few degrees, but it's annoyingly noticeable.

I don't have the Air 2 but just the M2P. If the gimbal is disturbed by external force such as my fingers when the motors are running. It does not resume the original orientation every time. May be operating in FPV mode will create the same effect ? On my M2P, all I need to do is to point the camera straight down and then up again by using the 5D switch. On the Air 2, there must be some ways to do the same thing. May worth a try.

I was able to fix it. It seems that it was stuck somehow in FPV mode even after cycling back to follow mode. Switching from normal to sport and back reset the mode and now the camera works fine in turns.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J