DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal limit reached?

FlashGJ

Reactions
Today while flying I got a warning message on the screen about "gimbal limit reached", if I remember correctly. It went away after a couple of seconds and everything seemed normal after that.
I tried a search to see what it meant and a possible explanation of why I got the warning. Has anyone seen this or know what it means?

Today while flying I got a warning message on the screen about "gimbal limit reached", if I remember correctly. It went away after a couple of seconds and everything seemed normal after that.
I tried a search to see what it meant and a possible explanation of why I got the warning. Has anyone seen this or know what it means?
This is normal. The message that you get is just what it is. It's not a warning.
It's just letting you know the limit end of the camera travel during camera tilt or pitch.

This is normal. The message that you get is just what it is. It's not a warning.
It's just letting you know the limit end of the camera travel during camera tilt or pitch.
Thanks! That is what I kind of thought myself but had never seen it previously so I wanted to make sure I understood it correctly.
Amazing little bird and loving it more each time I fly.

Reactions: Drone Master
Received the same message when flying in sport mode this last weekend. Problem is it kept popping up every few seconds. Bit annoying. Going to try a calibration to see if that gets rid of it.

Reactions: Mr Spock
This has been reported as an ubnormality in FW 01.03.0000 when flying in Sport mode at high speed. Have not seen a conclusive answer as to why this message appears in theses cases yet. There is a thread about the new FW and some compass issues and that is mentioned there too.
http://mavicpilots.com/index.php?threads/2657/
Other ubnormal messages appear with the latest FW like "fly with caution high wind..." or something like it. But this FW fixes the TBE tha was due to compass 1 interference from the motors in sport mode.

Reactions: Lee Hughes
do you still have that yellow sticker on the top of your gimbals?....if you do, remove it!

during extreme motion, that sticker will catch on the side of frame.
thanks

do you still have that yellow sticker on the top of your gimbals?....if you do, remove it!

during extreme motion, that sticker will catch on the side of frame.
My gimbal wasn't focusing today, so when looking at the gimbal, I noticed that clear sticker with the yellow tab (like the shipping stickers you usually have to pull off electronics) on top of the gimbal. It was extremely difficult to peel off and broke apart (twice). This, combined with the fact you can only remove it while the gimbal is in the 90 degree down position, thus the Mavic has to be on. I had to hold the gimbal tight with two fingers in one hand while using a fingernail to peel the sticker off gently with the other hand. I could feel the electronic motor try to move to as I held it, so was worried I was going to damage it. What a PITA. Is that sticker really intended to be removed, and if so why is it so hard to see (you only see it when the gimbal is down) and even harder to remove? Thanks.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure