DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal looking at sky when using Litchi

bburnett15

Reactions
Today I went to fly a Waypoint Photography mission (M2P) with Litchi where the drone stops at each waypoint, takes the picture and moves to the next waypoint.
before I engaged waypoints, I noticed the gimbal/camera kept pointing up 20 deg above level. I assumed it was my “dumb fingers” resting against the adjustment wheel by accident. when I engaged Waypoints, the camera pointed up at the sky again as it flew to the first waypoint. It flew to the first waypoint looking at the sky and took a picture of the sky, then it functioned correctly at every waypoint after that, but in between the camera would always look up to the sky. I realize now I shouldve tried it with video, (so I’ll try that again later).
Has this happened to you and if so, is there something I can do to correct it?

When I got home, I tried flying with the same setup except using DJI Go4, and it flew fine. I’m thinking I may have accidentally hit a control setting without realizing it. TIA!

Moved to the correct thread.

Check to see what you have "Interpolate" set to. This controls the angle of the camera.
If you like, clear the check private and send a link to the mission for me to look at.

I can't say that I've had that sort of problem with Litchi and my M2P. However, I always pre-program the missions on my computer at home rather than in the field on my phone or tablet. Having the ability to do a virtual flight and make adjustments before flying the mission is a great help, though the angle of view on the computer, for some reason, is different than the real-life angle of view that the camera sees.

Check to see what you have "Interpolate" set to. This controls the angle of the camera.
If you like, clear the check private and send a link to the mission for me to look at.
Thanks for re-homing this.
I never notice an Interpolate setting- I’ll look tomorrow!

I can't say that I've had that sort of problem with Litchi and my M2P. However, I always pre-program the missions on my computer at home rather than in the field on my phone or tablet. Having the ability to do a virtual flight and make adjustments before flying the mission is a great help, though the angle of view on the computer, for some reason, is different than the real-life angle of view that the camera sees.
I can’t make the simulation work on my Mac. I know it can be done , I just haven’t figured out how- and the video litchi provides doesn’t help

I never notice an Interpolate setting- I’ll look tomorrow!
As I said, you can also share the link from the mission hub, and I'll take a look at it.

1662244787246.png

View attachment 154258Its all on Focus on POI. nothing is flagged as "interpolate".
Not sure I know how to share the link to the mission: Mission Hub - Litchi
That is most likely your problem. Focus POI automatically pitches your gimbal based on altitude and distance from the POI. If you're not getting the angle you want, you need to change the settings

Ok- Except for Waypoint 1, everything worked perfectly, including video.
At waypoint 1 it was at 250 ft and just took a shot looking in the correct direction, but toward the horizon.
Something odd that also happened both yesterday and today, the time of the photo is noted as 8 hours earlier than all of the other shots. Shooting in Raw and Jpeg and both have that wacky time.
Again- flying M2P with original RC (so i can use the Tripltek 8 screen). This didn't happen when I used the SC.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 8.18.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 8.18.33 AM.png
    3 MB · Views: 4
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 8.19.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 8.19.31 AM.png
    130.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 8.24.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 8.24.08 AM.png
    9.6 MB · Views: 4
Ok- Except for Waypoint 1, everything worked perfectly, including video.
At waypoint 1 it was at 250 ft and just took a shot looking in the correct direction, but toward the horizon.
Something odd that also happened both yesterday and today, the time of the photo is noted as 8 hours earlier than all of the other shots. Shooting in Raw and Jpeg and both have that wacky time.
Again- flying M2P with original RC (so i can use the Tripltek 8 screen). This didn't happen when I used the SC.
Interesting. The angle is automatically set by the Focus POI at -17 degrees. This should not show that much of the horizon for sure. I'm not sure what would cause this. I would try:

1. Updating the Litichi app (if necessary)
2. Or, add a new waypoint before the current #1 to see if that changes anything.
3. Contact Litchi Help Support

I'd love to see the mission and fly it virtually to see what it does. To allow this, all you need to do is uncheck the "Private" box and send the URL. You don't have to worry about any editing changes being made as it would have no effect on your mission that is saved to your account

1662323881951.png

Reactions: bburnett15

Does this work?
First thing that jumped out at me was in the settings. You are using Focus POI in the waypoint but in the settings you have "Interpolate" selected. I would change that to Focus POI to be consistent.

1662331566760.png
Another thing I would try is changing the POI of #1 to POI 7 to reduce the angle of the camera. See how that works.

First thing that jumped out at me was in the settings. You are using Focus POI in the waypoint but in the settings you have "Interpolate" selected. I would change that to Focus POI to be consistent.

View attachment 154306
Another thing I would try is changing the POI of #1 to POI 7 to reduce the angle of the camera. See how that works.
Thats interesting- when I checked settings it was Focus POI. go figure!
Also, FWIW- this mission is in preparation for when the new school will be constructed on the athletic field behind the existing school. all of the waypoints and angles are in anticipation of where the construction will occur and then the demo of the existing school and then construction of the replacement athletic field where the existing school now stands.
Thanks very much!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 7.37.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 7.37.36 PM.png
    179.4 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: GFields

exactly

View attachment 154306
As I understand it, "default gimbal pitch mode" is simply the mode a new waypoint is initially set to when added to the mission and should have 0 bearing on anything else.

As I understand it, "default gimbal pitch mode" is simply the mode a new waypoint is initially set to when added to the mission and should have 0 bearing on anything else.
Perhaps so.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31