DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Malfunction

as long as it does not happen all the time it is sorry to say kinda normal for the mavic to do a gimbal reset mid flight from time to time..

Mine does it about one time per every 4 batteries cumulative flight time. I am still within my 6 month warranty period for now.

Oh Boy. That's really to bad. DJI should come out with an enclosed gimbal with no exposed cables an offer the retrograde for all original Mavic Pro owners. I had a weird looking red tab sticking out of my gimbal however I never removed it figuring it was just part of the design. Anyone else have this?

Thanks

I had the same. Just a shipping scratch protection tape. I took it off. Haven’t had any issues.

Hey fellows i'm having the same issues. Received my mavic 10.4.17 for my birthday. Apparently many many mavic owners are having this problem. Other than this happening the mavic is great to fly. Some people say it only happens at the 9 minute mark recording in 4k. In my case, the camera stops recording and the gimbal flips out for about 15-20 seconds then all is good. I emailed DJI and received a long list of things to do. Upgrade to the latest FW then re-calibrate everything. I've yet to do all of that stuff. Then DJI says if all of that doesn't work they want me to send it in for evaluation. From what I have read about DJI's customer service, i'm not inclined to send the mavic to them just yet. I'm on many facebook forums for the mavic and this problem is prevalent in the mavic community. I have yet to see a solution. One person on this forum said to take the bird back up and record in 1080p and that may resolve the issue. I did that this morning and nothing happened during the flight. I've yet to fly it again to see if that worked. If anyone comes up with a solution please let us know. thanks
I am in the same boat as you are in. DJI already sent me the shipping label to send it back [had the bird about 6 months now] and the last few flights had no issues. It is so intermittent. The bird itself flies flawlessly and i'd hate to send it back and they replace it with a refurbished unit with the same issue. I'm on the fence right now.

They all will have this from time to time.. i'd keep a good flying bird rather then risk a refurb with problems.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom