DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Motor Overload

Bwoody321

Reactions
Bought brand new MA a week or two ago, worked amazing. Brilliant. Well done DJI. That was until earlier when I was flying in cold weather and I received an error message “gimbal motor overload”. Not good. So, I land the drone, dry it off in the airing cupboard for a couple hours, and the gimbal still refuses to work. It is stuck and will not move when I move the slider. I have tried the calibration but it gets stuck between 80-89%. After running the drone for a couple minutes, the gimbal feels REALLY hot. It would burn your finger if u kept it on long enough. I have DJI care refresh but I would like to avoid having to get a whole new unit if possible. Thanks for any help guys

Well to be honest it does sound like a mechanical issue due to the heat you are reporting. That said I would still try a factory reset using dji Assistant 2 and seeing if that helps. I say this because when I had a gimbal issue this is what dji advised me to do before anything else.

Hope you get it fixed soon

Bought brand new MA a week or two ago, worked amazing. Brilliant. Well done DJI. That was until earlier when I was flying in cold weather and I received an error message “gimbal motor overload”. Not good. So, I land the drone, dry it off in the airing cupboard for a couple hours, and the gimbal still refuses to work. It is stuck and will not move when I move the slider. I have tried the calibration but it gets stuck between 80-89%. After running the drone for a couple minutes, the gimbal feels REALLY hot. It would burn your finger if u kept it on long enough. I have DJI care refresh but I would like to avoid having to get a whole new unit if possible. Thanks for any help guys

It sounds like a warranty issue and not a Refresh issue. DJI should fix it for free. If the gimbal motor is getting hot, your gimbal is not working correctly.

Sent drone off for repairs, has arrived back safely from the Netherlands and is all fixed. Dji gave me a free case if anyone wants to buy for £15

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet