DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Motor Override

ascho7

Reactions
Tried replacing ribbon myself, turned out to be the same issue. Is there any way I can bypass or manually skip the calibration on the drone so I can at least take some photos? I’m on vacation and can’t send in the drone right now, sadly. If not, what are some ways I can makeshift the camera to stay orientated to take some photos. Thanks in advance

Do you have tools where you are? All you really need is a 1.5mm hex driver. Just remove the top body, disconnect the black flat ribbon cable from the gimbal PCB, replace the cover and then fix the camera into position using some foam and/or tape. It's not going to hurt the gimbal since there will be no power going to the gimbal motors. It would be best to aim it in a slightly downward position so you can hover and get the job done. You can ignore any gimbal overload or obstructed error messages.

Reactions: ascho7
@ascho7 added:

"Continuing on from my last post, I am wondering if there is any way to turn off the start up calibration on the gimbal. The other day I was messing with it for about 10 minutes and I got the gimbal to be under my control again but I’m not sure what I did to make this work."

@ascho7 added:

"Continuing on from my last post, I am wondering if there is any way to turn off the start up calibration on the gimbal. The other day I was messing with it for about 10 minutes and I got the gimbal to be under my control again but I’m not sure what I did to make this work."

No you cant bypass it. If its working, why would you want to turn off initial calibration?

No you cant bypass it. If its working, why would you want to turn off initial calibration?

During startup, it would go crazy trying to calibrate then restarts, and it would keep happening over and over. However, I turned the gimbal during its start up and it gave me complete control of it as normal, without the odd twitching of the gimbal. For proof, when this issue was happening “gimbal motor overload” I still could control the gimbal after like I said 10-15 minutes of fumbling with the gimbal until I could manually control it.

During startup, it would go crazy trying to calibrate then restarts, and it would keep happening over and over. However, I turned the gimbal during its start up and it gave me complete control of it as normal, without the odd twitching of the gimbal. For proof, when this issue was happening “gimbal motor overload” I still could control the gimbal after like I said 10-15 minutes of fumbling with the gimbal until I could manually control it.

IMG_3491.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute