DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal not straight.

Civics69

Reactions
Hi All,
I hope I'm not repeating an old question, but I'm after some peace of mind really.
I recently purchased the Mavic 2 pro and absolutely love it.
The only issue was on its first flight, in sport mode I realised I could see the left hand prop (slightly) so when I got home I checked a few things out. What I noticed was the gimbal wasn't straight, so following the usual calibration sequences and confirming I had the latest version etc I then went into the manual setting's for the gimbal and had to put a value of -1.6 in the yaw to straighten it up. If I run the gimbal calibration again I have to repeat the above. Flew it again yesterday with no issues.
Basically what I am asking is this normal, is the manual option there for this very reason or is there a more sinister reason why I have to adjust it.
Never crashed, dropped or evidence of damage to the gimbal.

Many thanks for any help you can offer.

i guess you may not have noticed, but if you swipe your finder horizontally on the screen of go4 app - it turns the gimbal - yaw it according to your finger swipes.

why they did not put it on any of control wheels is a mystery, as it is highly annoying to be a function you need to swipe a screen for.

Reactions: kilomikebravo
Yes I know that function, agree it is a mystery why not on a wheel. I'm just concerned there might be a more sinister reason why I have to manually input values to get it straight. When I use gimbal up/down to reposition or following a auto calibration it is definitely of center. Once manually set it's perfect and photos and video spot on. Wondering if this is normal as its only 4 days old.

Yes I know that function, agree it is a mystery why not on a wheel. I'm just concerned there might be a more sinister reason why I have to manually input values to get it straight. When I use gimbal up/down to reposition or following a auto calibration it is definitely of center. Once manually set it's perfect and photos and video spot on. Wondering if this is normal as its only 4 days old.
open a claim with dji on this, i guess it is an easiest way to find out.

That doesn’t sound normal. In my six months on this site I have not come across this problem. Mine always starts up straight and centered with no settings adjustment. As paulatkin73 mentioned, bring it up with DJI.

Spoke with DJI. Their response was, as long as no error messages come up following any of the calibration processes all is ok. Continue to use the manual settings for the gimbal to fine tune it's position.

Spoke with DJI. Their response was, as long as no error messages come up following any of the calibration processes all is ok. Continue to use the manual settings for the gimbal to fine tune it's position.

Personally, I would now start a full refund with your supplier.

DJIs response is "this is by design"? Really?

No.

Chris

Agree Chris, will go back to supplier on Friday for exchange or refund. Although it works perfectly when trimmed, it will bug the hell out of me. Does make you wonder why they put the manual trim feature within the go4 app.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deauxpamine