DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Repairing Gimbal on M3P

Serfma

Reactions
Hi all - I am repairing a Mavic 3 Pro that had a dead gimbal bracket and was dangling. It appears the yaw motor board is slightly bent so I would assume it's not working. None of the other axis work but I believe it's possible that if it cannot yaw it will default to "gimbal stuck" and not allow roll or pitch to work. The gimbal is totally and completely free of movement. No other issues, cameras work great still. Anyone know if I am on the right track?

Reactions: Cafguy
Is this drone under warranty?- Send it to DJI for repair.
Are you wanting to attempt the fix in order to save money?- Send it to DJI for repair.
It appears the yaw motor board is slightly bent so I would assume it's not working.
Do you have pics of this "bend" I would think with a crash such as that -You will have more problems then just that and trying to repair yourself could end up costing you more.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Is this drone under warranty?- Send it to DJI for repair.
It is not.

Both arms have been repaired and it will fly. The gimbal bracket was damaged right at the connection of the yaw motor. Yaw motor's PCB has bent upwards. The yaw motor is not a difficult replacement, nor are the arms. I am searching for technical info related to whether the "gimbal stuck" notification will outright stop/pause all axis movement via controller or start-up. I can order all three axis motors as an "in case" but would rather go the smart route of determining the actual damage rather than blanket guessing and ordering every single part imaginable. The two gimbal wires (that connect to the bottom side of the main board) are replaceable as well, though not physically damaged.

Equipped with a solid 8 years of small electronic repairs and repairing FPV quads, just trying to find technical info as the damage is not absurd. The quad's housing itself is practically new. Gimbal looks flawless outside of broken bracket(s) and scuffing of metal on the rear side by the roll motor.
Are you wanting to attempt the fix in order to save money?- Send it to DJI for repair.

It is absurdly cheaper to fix it than send it to DJI. I do not have a photo of it at the moment.

It is absurdly cheaper to fix it than send it to DJI.
It's absolutely free to send it to DJI to get a quote, and then you get a brand new, never crashed refurb, with no hidden internal damage for a nominal charge, after which, even if you reject their reasonable quote, they still send you your original unrepaired drone back for free! You can't lose! Their repair quotes are very reasonable, and they don't repair it! They just send you a brand new refurb, eligible for DJI Care with a 1 year warranty!

Reactions: Cafguy and Starz
Equipped with a solid 8 years of small electronic repairs and repairing FPV quads,
then I should not have to tell you that in a crash your drones electronics can recieve a jolt that is enough to chip off soldered connections and even chip tabs on the board. If you can go thru and check each component and its connections and eliminate them fine.
but would rather go the smart route of determining the actual damage rather than blanket guessing and ordering every single part imaginable.
This is why you should send it in. If you have the skill and the time to check each and every component and connection then by all means Go for it.
It is absurdly cheaper to fix it than send it to DJI. I do not have a photo of it at the moment.
Nope it is NOT. you may save yourself a few bucks Maybe a few but very little AND your DJI repair is covered your dyi repair is not. If you mess up a single part during your fix you have now pushed the price of your repair beyond what DJI would charge you. I have been fixing these DJI drones for about a year or so now and my advice to anyone that brings me a crashed newer DJI drone with a trashed gimble is this " let me help you fill out a ticket with DJI. if you end up replacing the gimble the software to get the gimble to even work will cost you a 100 dollar per use fee. those parts are encoded with numbers that let the drone know they are there.

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas