DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal overload before takeoff, freed the movement by hand

monty.roman

Reactions
Hello guys, I had a minor issue with the gimbal yesterday. I was about to take off when I noticed that the gimbal was pointing slightly more upwards so I wanted to lower it with RC control wheel but it didn't responded. Tried to control it by dragging on the app screen but also with no luck. Ar that moment, the Gimbal overload error popped up (no gimbal error came up since powering on so I had no idea).

I have noticed that the gimbal up/down axis is stuck in one spot so I helped it to move down a little bit and it released and moved freely again. Then it stuck again in bottom facing position so I helped it again and since then it seems to work well. Gimbal motor overload error disappeared right after I moved it with my hand and now it responds to the controls without any problem (no slowing down or stopping in any spot).

My opinion is that some dirt might got inside on previous day and I've released it when I moved it with my hand (but I didn't see anything falling out from the gimbal assembly).

Just had my MA gimbal replaced under warranty. The gimbal was getting stuck half way. With it turned off i could free it by hand but you could feel a restriction. Tried using can of air to blow any dust but no success so i think more to it than dust.

A similar thing happened to me. I noticed that the video looked like it was chopping (like it would be jumping when I turned the drone) and also sometimes the video was going all over. I moved the gimbal with my hand and there was a spot where it wasn’t as easy to move. I helped it past that point and after that it was fine.

Typically this happens when you forget to remove the gimbal lock (yep, been there, done that). I like the lock, serves well, but forgetting to remove it is a common problem. Put a ribbon it?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02