DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

gimbal overload no clamp?

swat9uk

Reactions
i had a strange issue today. i placed on my nd filter while it was switched off and had gimbal clamp on .took it outside to fly removed the gimbal clamp powerd on and it was saying gimbal overload error. switched it off and back on a couple of times still the same saying remove gimbal clamp. yet it wasnt on.. in the end i powerd it off removed the nd filter and worked fine then i poped nd filter back on .. strange one any feedback on this would be great

Perhaps your ND filter is too heavy. Which ND filter are you using?

Some filters are too large to allow the gimbal to properly calibrate when powered on and bang on the pitch arm. The result is a gimbal overload message.

The answer is to do as you did, apply the filter after the gimbal has powered up. Be careful and don't stress the motors out by pushing too hard on the camera barrel. Simply hold the barrel by the sides, apply the filter, and you're good to go. Best to take the filter off after every flight to prevent a recurrence.

Reactions: swat9uk
i did wonder that im not sure of the make just cheapo ones i guess nd8 ..last weekend i took it out while in the air the camera went nuts aimed up down then screen whent very dark allmost black then back to normal hmm

Reactions: swat9uk
Some filters are too large to allow the gimbal to properly calibrate when powered on and bang on the pitch arm. The result is a gimbal overload message.

The answer is to do as you did, apply the filter after the gimbal has powered up. Be careful and don't stress the motors out by pushing too hard on the camera barrel. Simply hold the barrel by the sides, apply the filter, and you're good to go. Best to take the filter off after every flight to prevent a recurrence.
thank you will try this also

just found the ones ive got they are Neewer filters ebay job

There are a bunch of members who use the Neewer's, but if I had them and they were causing overload problems for me, I would jettison them and get something that works.

I hope that if you do get a different set, that your gimbal doesnt overload.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty