DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal problem

folvo

Reactions
Hello all,

i have a problem with mavic mini. Gimball MM crashed into something during the flight (I don't know what). Now I have a "gimbal motor overload" error. The image is not straight. Is it possible to replace the gimbal and the camera module? Is the gimbal or camera module paired with the main board? Or is impossible to replace it without DJI service? Thank you for information

It might not help, but worth a try: Power on the drone and gently wiggle the gimbal with your finger while it tries to do its initialisation "dance". It may be that a bit of grit is hindering the free movement of the camera and some gentle wiggling is enough to un-stick it.

Does it move freely and smoothly when powered down?

I'm sending some videos.
@scro yes, gimbal move freely and smoothly when powered down

Attachments

• turned off.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • turned on1.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 6
  • turned on 2.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
Trya gimbal calibration, and if that doesn't fix it then try an IMU calibration. It may or may not help. Found in the top right menu when everything is ready to fly. The gimbal seems to be moving in synch with the drone body, but just not pointing level.

Does the drone itself fly ok?

Last edited:
Hello all.
The camera is working properly, but the gimbal is not in a properly horizontal position and is turned to the left. Dron fly OK. Calibration didn't help me. IMU calibration was successfully completed, but gimbal calibration was stuck at 10%. Is it possible to replace a gimbal from another MM?

The gimball is properly mounted in the body of the drone and nothing prevents it from moving.

Hello,
My drone signalled error "gimbal motor overload" and calibration via PC helped me.
I did not replace any parts, i just calibrated via PC. Now gimbal is working properly, but is signalling the error "Gimbal calibration error (Code 40011)". Automatic calibration is successful. Everything works, the drone flies, records and stabilizes properly. The drone only signals a "Gimbal calibration error" and I don't know why.

How to fix this error "Gimbal calibration error (Code 40011)"?

Hello,
My drone signalled error "gimbal motor overload" and calibration via PC helped me.
I did not replace any parts, i just calibrated via PC. Now gimbal is working properly, but is signalling the error "Gimbal calibration error (Code 40011)". Automatic calibration is successful. Everything works, the drone flies, records and stabilizes properly. The drone only signals a "Gimbal calibration error" and I don't know why.

How to fix this error "Gimbal calibration error (Code 40011)"?
Could you please share your source, information where i can learn to calibrate via PC? i'm desperately needing to fix my MM.

I followed the instructions:
After calibration was not writen "PASS" in CMD (as it was in the video). See photo.
CMD wrote "Error: Unrecognized response to calibration command"
Maybe that's why I have a error "Gimbal calibration error (Code 40011)".

Attachments

• cmd-ok.jpg
    cmd-ok.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Hello all,

I resolve problem with "Gimbal calibration error (Code 40011)". I flash firmware 01.00.0320 (via Dank Dron app). The error has disappeared. Then I upgraded the firmware back to 01.00.0500 via DJI Assistant. Everything works, the drone flies, records and stabilizes properly (without any error codes).

Thank you

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78